Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was flagged up previously but I read this morning that there is a possibility of a player swap with Joe Hart.

Here is a link. http://www.football-italia.net/90520/torino-use-maksimovic-hart

I don't know the player being referred to. I can't ever remember seeing him play.

It’s also implied that Torino have an ace up their sleeve when it comes to Hart, specifically assistant manager Attilio Lombardo, who knows the England international well from his time on Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City staff.

Not if he feels he can sort out the weakness in his game and become a better keeper. Why not work on the training pitches day in day out with the best and give it until the Jan window at least. What will he learn at Sunderland? He wont be able to work with the City coaching staff. I'm sure he'd do a fantastic job at Sunderland and see them mid-table because he is that good, but would he improve? If he can improve at City, then he becomes a better keeper and he's at a club that can give him CL football and trophies. Willy didn't do so bad last season lifting the League Cup.

This might be the first time in his adult career that someone has had the bottle to come along to him and point out a weakness. It maybe that the weakness in his game is just something he will never be able to address. I don't know. I doubt very many do know.

He's still young for a keeper. Ideally better to take 3 months out of the limelight, work on his game intensively and then comeback a better player. if he was Bravo's age then there would be no choice. 3 months is neither here nor there in the long term, it depends on whether he thinks he has a chance of developing the skills Guardiola requires.
I admire your loyalty Marvin, but, if you think this is truely about Joe's lack of ability to pass the ball a couple of yards to the nearest colleague, with his feet, then, in my opinion, you're sadly mistaken.

This is all about power & influence in the dressing room, and giving a sharp reminder to some of our senior pro's that the type of sh*t 'who cares' attitude shown in the last 3rd of our league games, last year, (Post Totenham at the Etihad) will no longer be tolerated.

I can't believe how were treating Hart - it is unbelievable! we've known Pep was coming for ages now, and Pep knew Hart wasn't for him, ok, so why left so late.
Joe deserved more time to sort himself out - were all fans here, but this is embarrassing for the man.
If he's staying until Jan - get him in the nets, we all know he's better than Caballero, and this will have given Joe a good shake up.
Maybe he had doubts about Hart but was prepared to give him a chance & wanted to see him in action first? And then maybe Hart threw that chance back in his face? And maybe it's not just about playing issues? Ever thought about that?

And all this nonsense about being a "better" keeper. Both have weaknesses so it's like saying which illness is "better" but clearly Willy is the better one as it stands because he's the one more in tune with what his manager wants for our team.

Given the facts I would say its nowhere it is 50/50 whether he stays or goes:
Pep has said he can go
We have bought a new keeper
He has been playing Caballero until the new keeper arrived and will today
There was a public send off for Hart on Wednesday
Hart himself spoke about it being a public send off and was grateful and spoke in terms of a fairwell
your banging your head against a brick wall mate ,some people and thankfully only a few will not see the big picture

Ah, the family did not get the 'fighting' nickname for nothing;-)

Don't worry I will look after you and I won't show the pic of you to your mates.

I hope you still do not stand in the same way, with or without shorts, or we will have to communicate by shouting from a safe distance.
No wonder you get in trouble. Please keep on topic. As Kiki said " don't go breaking my heart" by showing that fucking photo. Off to pub now see you soon.

It's a shame that at the start of a season when we have the worlds best manager, an influx of players and a new way of playing a thread about an okay keeper with a likely attitude deficiency is dominating the board. The sooner he goes so we can get on with enjoying and discussing our new era the better.

Not sure if this was flagged up previously but I read this morning that there is a possibility of a player swap with Joe Hart.

Here is a link. http://www.football-italia.net/90520/torino-use-maksimovic-hart

I don't know the player being referred to. I can't ever remember seeing him play.

It’s also implied that Torino have an ace up their sleeve when it comes to Hart, specifically assistant manager Attilio Lombardo, who knows the England international well from his time on Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City staff.
Can't see that 'greasing the wheels,' tbh. Mancini & Hart were never 'bestest buddies,' as far as I recall.

I admire your loyalty Marvin, but, if you think this is truely about Joe's lack of ability to pass the ball a couple of yards to the nearest colleague, with his feet, then, in my opinion, you're sadly mistaken.

This is all about power & influence in the dressing room, and giving a sharp reminder to some of our senior pro's that the type of sh*t 'who cares' attitude shown in the last 3rd of our league games, last year, (Post Totenham at the Etihad) will no longer be tolerated.

I think it is unfair to suggest that Joe has not acted professionally when Pep has said that he has. Why cannot it be accepted that Pep has a preference for a certain type of goalkeeper who he considers to be probably the most important member of the team. The writer of Pep Confidential was quoted as saying that it was not to do with being able to pass although that is obviously important. It is more to do with vision and being able to anticipate what is happening and be able to see and carry out the next move. He said that he requires a keeper who anticipates rather than reacts. He mentioned among others Courtois and Buffon as reactionary goalkeepers that Pep could not work with and that Joe unfortunately falls into this category. Goalkeepers he can work with are those who anticipate and look ahead and include Neuer, ter Stegen and Bravo. Most managers would be happy with the first category but sadly for Joe that is not Pep's choice.

It's a shame that at the start of a season when we have the worlds best manager, an influx of players and a new way of playing a thread about an okay keeper with a likely attitude deficiency is dominating the board. The sooner he goes so we can get on with enjoying and discussing our new era the better.
You know, I was just about to post something similar.
The saddest part of the whole episode isn't how Hart is supposedly being treated but how it's causing an unnecessary divide in the fanbase.
The sooner it's done the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.