Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wait till now to decide that?
It's only been a few weeks since he came back from training. I am not going to set my mind against him based on speculation about what he may or not have done. Perhaps I am doing the same thing, but I think it's better as a fan to believe in the player and his capability than just assume the worst.

Absolutely pathetic people saying Hart has been mistreated. Pep's here to take us to the next level, if he thinks it means a change of keeper so be it. This is elite sport and we're trying to be the best.

By the way clubs not exactly queuing up to take him, so maybe he's not as good as some would have us think... Very good keeper, prone to repeating the same mistakes with questionable distribution.

Pep & City have done nothing wrong here, its sad for Hart but it happens .....
Absolutely this.

Given the facts I would say its nowhere it is 50/50 whether he stays or goes:
Pep has said he can go
We have bought a new keeper
He has been playing Caballero until the new keeper arrived and will today
There was a public send off for Hart on Wednesday
Hart himself spoke about it being a public send off and was grateful and spoke in terms of a fairwell
Sounds like 99/1 he would go, but set against that there aren't many options for him elesewhere, and is the option of staying at City so bad when he can work on the training pitch and at same time instruct his agent to work stuff out for january if it looks like its not working out.

I know that is a possibility. I would prefer to believe in a player who must have worked incredibly hard to get where he is. Even if he was flippant at first, or didn't take the issue seriously, he will surely do so now?

It must be 50/50 whether he stays or goes, from the outside looking in, but unless I know something for sure, I prefer to believe in the player and the capacity of people to change and improve themselves. If someone said to me, look you've got a problem here, you need to do X, Y and Z to be better, and I respected them, I'd do it. It might be a PR side-issue, Joe might not believe it. he might believe it, and think OK well I can't do whatever is being asked of me, and never will be able to, but I can be a good keeper elsewhere. I cannot help but speculate and guess because he is a key player

I can't see how he can significantly change his game just in training. He would need games. And with pep also wanting to give caballero and gunn plenty of games, I don't see how joe will get the game time at City

I can't see how he can significantly change his game just in training. He would need games. And with pep also wanting to give caballero and gunn plenty of games, I don't see how joe will get the game time at City
Much more opportunity to practise taking the ball and passing it on in training. Probably do that 3 or 4 times max under pressure in a game. it's a skill. Just needs practise. he may not be able to do it. Game time is irrelevant as to learning the drill of taking the ball with one foot and passing it on with the other.

If he doesn't have the skill, last thing Id want is for him to try something out in a real game, and for some forward to make an idiot out of him and put it in the back of the net. he'd be even more ridiculed than he is now.

The other thing that might be an issue is that if he goes to SAFC he is going to still be under massive pressure from media and opposition fans. When a player gets questioned, everyone lays into him. If I were him I'd sacrifice 3 months just to see if he can address the problem, and if he can't there's always January.

I think he'll stay. Once you've been questioned in a high profile way, then public doubt, even self doubt will be there. Better to address it rather than go elsewhere and brush it under the carpet. it will keep coming back

I can't believe how were treating Hart - it is unbelievable! we've known Pep was coming for ages now, and Pep knew Hart wasn't for him, ok, so why left so late.
Joe deserved more time to sort himself out - were all fans here, but this is embarrassing for the man.
If he's staying until Jan - get him in the nets, we all know he's better than Caballero, and this will have given Joe a good shake up.

I can't believe how were treating Hart - it is unbelievable! we've known Pep was coming for ages now, and Pep knew Hart wasn't for him, ok, so why left so late.
Joe deserved more time to sort himself out - were all fans here, but this is embarrassing for the man.
If he's staying until Jan - get him in the nets, we all know he's better than Caballero, and this will have given Joe a good shake up.
We know it ... just maybe our Manager doesn`t want to know.In Pep I trust.

For all we know, he may have been trying for the barca keepers since Day 1, and only decided to move hart on when a deal was in place, or alternatively maybe Guardiola saw Hart booted it long, or threw it out. If guardiola was looking at that in games, he might have seen that but thought well he's a great keeper at everything else, can he do what I want him to do if I ask him to do it? And he will only have known in training. We can't condemn / pass judgement on 1% evidence, and are just left to guess

It's only been a few weeks since he came back from training. I am not going to set my mind against him based on speculation about what he may or not have done. Perhaps I am doing the same thing, but I think it's better as a fan to believe in the player and his capability than just assume the worst.

I'm not assuming the worst Marv, I am simply looking at facts.

Joe has long known that Pep was arriving and knew full well that he would have to develop or improve on his current skills to play the Pep wants him to, hence my earlier response to you suggesting he starts to learn now.

He's had time and, if it pans out he could have developed those enhanced skills with extra effort, then he has simply thrown away a marvelous opportunity to be part of our most exciting times by not doing it sooner

Hi Blau. I'm getting the impression some people don't like you on here. Seriously considering not meeting you in Summerbees, not seen you for about 10 years and you'll probably get me in a fight!! ;) whoopee.
Looking forward to it mate, see you soon.

Ah, the family did not get the 'fighting' nickname for nothing;-)

Don't worry I will look after you and I won't show the pic of you to your mates.

I hope you still do not stand in the same way, with or without shorts, or we will have to communicate by shouting from a safe distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.