CL stand closures v BMG and Celtic

Fucking hell what have we become. Mercenary fans to do our atmosphere now.

Saw this coming in 11/12 as singing fans started to get priced out in favour of tourists and day-trippers that will splash £6.50 out for a pie ffs. Kippax corner gradually got quieter each season and now I'm lucky to hear anything from them in a game. Things like this genuinely make me want us to go back to being shit again - too late now though. Suppose however you get the success your fanbase changes and we're in sport to compete but fuck me, what has happened to us. A glass tunnel ffs.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
You really want us to go back to being shit??
The point has been missed - I'd rather that third tier was full of City fans singing from start to finish (price wise for CL it's pretty reasonable btw). Apparently the club don't think that'll happen - so sell the tickets elsewhere.
Atmosphere - there were plenty of threads pre 2011 commenting on how bad it was

Makes sense to me. Wasn't this mooted about 2 years ago sticking the away fans up in the gods? Every other team sticks us up out the way in European games about time we followed suit.

I have serious doubts about anyone who ever makes a comment about wishing we were shit again. Serious doubts.

Makes it easier for them to chuck stuff down like the Everton fans did when we hammered them in the Cup.

Makes it easier for them to chuck stuff down like the Everton fans did when we hammered them in the Cup.
Does it not allow City to put some netting up there, just like it was in Madrid for the Semi and other places around Europe?

wont be very safe when we have knocked them out of the competition ''one of the last group games i think'' and they have the seats up again and start chucking them off L3

A lad i know who works at the ticket office told me city had/still are trying to get 5000 tickets for celtic away if we do the same for them at our place, guessing this is the reason for the closure if true for celtic.

You really want us to go back to being shit??
The point has been missed - I'd rather that third tier was full of City fans singing from start to finish (price wise for CL it's pretty reasonable btw). Apparently the club don't think that'll happen - so sell the tickets elsewhere.
Atmosphere - there were plenty of threads pre 2011 commenting on how bad it was
I know there discussions about atmosphere back then but that Kippax Corner was always great - I remember people in there never noticing an atmosphere problem because it was loud for them. The rest of the ground was a let down (the "family stand" was such a bad idea atmosphere wise) - SS has picked up in recent years. It was gradually fading though to what we have now - where people have just given up on the atmosphere which feeds into the cycle of nothing being generating.
I have serious doubts about anyone who ever makes a comment about wishing we were shit again. Serious doubts.
I think your missing where people are coming from when we miss the old days then. Yeah, we're witnessing class on the pitch we could only dream of back then but for many of us supporting a football club is part of your identity, it's your community - it's bigger than the sport and contest. Singing presents the character of the fans, and the soul of the club.

We don't have that now bar "lets get the atmosphere going" attempts. It's horrible to see us come to that when it's not long ago we used to laugh at the swamp for being a library and a tourist centre - I'd have serious doubts about anyone who doesn't recall that and can't identify with what I'm saying.

Does it not allow City to put some netting up there, just like it was in Madrid for the Semi and other places around Europe?

It was used in English grounds as a gable measure to separate fans, but a flimsy container full of piss exploding against the mesh was a trick some resorted too. Hence some grounds did not allow Ribena cartons in etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.