Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club and Guardiola have handled this situation poorly , it has been a circus , that could have been prevented , surely Pep knew before he got off the plane at Ringway a couple months ago , that Joe was not in his plans . We have now allowed the current England keeper and one of the top six in world football , to join another club for nowt whilst we pick up the majority of his wages. Twelve months ago Joe would have commanded a £25-30m fee , playing for a mid table Italian team that used to be famous in the 60's & 70's is going to kill his credibility , my only hope is that Joe will improve his technical ability with the ball whilst playing in serie A , and comes back next season and challenges Bravo for the 1st team spot.Yes i know , clutching a straws springs to mind , but Joe should have left us with his head held high after everything he has contributed to the club.
I disagree. They've handled it quite well. Had some top team lost his keeper for the season or needed a top keeper to make the jump, then maybe. But absent that, most top teams have good goalie's and wouldn't go forking out 25-30 mil for anyone. It's the reason we've never been in for the German even though most (including blue tinted blues) consider him better than Joe.

This just was a unique situation, where a top keeper didn't fit the requirements of his team. I'd he performs well for Torino he'll get a move to a top club.

Feel sorry for Joe he deserves better,
it's been a bit of a circus that should have been Handled a lot better by all concerned.
I trust Pep but why wasn't he advising Hart month's ago how he wants him to play?
Why wasn't it addressed sooner?

I have to admit this is the most saddening moment I have experienced regarding a transfer as a city fan. Huge mistake he could of easily been our no 1(as he still is in my eyes) as much as u want us to do well I really do that super joey hart smashes it in Italy shows how good we all know he is and is our no 1 again next year.
I or the team above any player so I hope Bravo storms the next three years personally.

A mistake would be putting sentiment over skill.

it's been a bit of a circus that should have been Handled a lot better by all concerned.
I trust Pep but why wasn't he advising Hart month's ago how he wants him to play?

I heard they only discussed it Monday, up till then Joe thought guardiola was more you're pullis type of coach, Joe has been done over good and proper here

how was pep going to coach JH while he was manager of Bayern and then JH was on England duty, Joe was one of the first back and i'm sure pep didnt run away from telling joe his tactics and what was expected,it couldnt have been done any sooner,MCFC and JH have both been very professional with the matter

Couple of FA Cup final moments I'll always remember Joe for:
his reaction when Stoke's last chance fizzled out for a goal kick,
his post-match interview reminding everyone how we'd beat the best and alluding to the hordes of City going bonkers behind him.

All the best, Joe.

Disappointing to see some blues on here saying the fact that he has gone to Torino is a reflection on Joe. I think that is totally unfair and inaccurate. It's a timing issue in that at end of August most teams sorted for goalkeeper.

Yes Joe Hart made a couple of mistakes at the Euros and maybe a couple in the season. But last season just like every other year he has played for us he was one of our best players. Some of the saves he has pulled off in recent years have been ridiculous and he was a huge factor in our champions league progression in recent years. Form may be temporary but Joe Hart is a class act.

Personally I back Guardiola in that he should be able to bring in whoever he wants to be number one goalkeeper. But I do not agree that Willy Caballero is better than Joe Hart at ANY elements of his game. I'd much rather have seen Hart stay and one gk play in league and the other in champions league and cups. From what I understand bravo is prone to injury in recent years and if we have to rely on Caballero for any period of time over a period of time over a few weeks I'd be very worried.

Good luck Joe at a Torino and welcome Claudio Bravo.

On Sunday, Willy passed the ball to Stones who was in the D at the edge of our box, Willy then ran to the right back position, took a return pass from Stones then knocked it down the line to Sterling (if I remember correctly),now I'm not going to say Willy is the answer but Joe wouldn't have even thought of doing it never mind actually managing it. That's why he's gone amongst other things as he's not a footballer just a keeper.
Pep wants the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.