Our attendance record is under threat

On the other hand the upper and lower tiers together only hold 73468. The middle tier which I think is all corporate holds 16532. General sale is sold out and hospitality is still on sale. They would have to sell exactly 11,000 in the club Wembley tier to beat our record. I don't think that's guaranteed with prices at around £200.

Yes. outside the Capitol!
It isn't mate because no club team in the capital has had a home ground attendance higher than ours. Chelsea are the only other club than City and United to have an official attendance over 80000 and it's still only third in the record table behind the two Maine Road attendances in first and second.

How the f have they shifted so many? I genuinely didn't think they could do anything like that even for one game
London is full of tourists who would never have got in at the Lane..... this crosses off a few boxes.... went to see a game, went to see a Champions league game, went to see a game at Wembley.
I expect a record in sales of half / half scarves....

Yes it will.
Look at Arsenal in 9th place in the list. They were counted as at home at Wembley and in a European competition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_record_home_attendances_of_English_football_clubs

Take that with a pinch Wikipedia not reliable loads of info incorrect. Attendances outside London are all that count, and even those in London can't match it with their grounds not big enough to hold 84k. Wembley is not a team ground even if it's hired out our attendance will stand.

London is full of tourists who would never have got in at the Lane..... this crosses off a few boxes.... went to see a game, went to see a Champions league game, went to see a game at Wembley.
I expect a record in sales of half / half scarves....

My wife's employer is giving them away like confetti. I expect every sales organisation in London has them as a prize for last week's performance.

On the other hand the upper and lower tiers together only hold 73468. The middle tier which I think is all corporate holds 16532. General sale is sold out and hospitality is still on sale. They would have to sell exactly 11,000 in the club Wembley tier to beat our record. I don't think that's guaranteed with prices at around £200.
£60 not £200 apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.