Our attendance record is under threat

"It doesn't count." "It doesn't count."

Seriously is this Bluemoon or Red Cafe?

If Spurs have beaten our English Record Home Attendance I'll be as pissed off as everybody else but so be it and well done Spurs (through gritted teeth) you've done well.

We've held it for 82 years. Even Bryan Adams wasn't number 1 for that long.

If it has gone it will get loads of publicity and people abroad might finally realize that we have a long and rich history. I very much doubt that Spurs will hold it for half that time.

Lets not cling on to the irrelevancies about it still being the largest gate ever on a normal club ground or in the UK outside of London or Glasgow or whatever.

That's small time and we really don't need to be. Leave that to the Arsenal and Chelsea fans who will undoubtedly be belittling Spurs's achievement. We've got bigger fish to fry and one day we'll get the record back!

Take that with a pinch Wikipedia not reliable loads of info incorrect. Attendances outside London are all that count, and even those in London can't match it with their grounds not big enough to hold 84k. Wembley is not a team ground even if it's hired out our attendance will stand.
So if Chelsea or Tottenham borrow Wembley for a season while their new stadiums are being built and get more than 85000 it won't count?

"It doesn't count." "It doesn't count."

Seriously is this Bluemoon or Red Cafe?

If Spurs have beaten our English Record Home Attendance I'll be as pissed off as everybody else but so be it and well done Spurs (through gritted teeth) you've done well.

We've held it for 82 years. Even Bryan Adams wasn't number 1 for that long.

If it has gone it will get loads of publicity and people abroad might finally realize that we have a long and rich history. I very much doubt that Spurs will hold it for half that time.

Lets not cling on to the irrelevancies about it still being the largest gate ever on a normal club ground or in the UK outside of London or Glasgow or whatever.

That's small time and we really don't need to be. Leave that to the Arsenal and Chelsea fans who will undoubtedly be belittling Spurs's achievement. We've got bigger fish to fry and one day we'll get the record back!
Only they wont have beaten our record. That is the point. Had they done so then correct, congrats and all that.
Every game at Wembley except the 4th division play offs have beaten the record so why all of a sudden is Spurs attendance the one to break it?

Our record is the largest crowd at a domestic game at an English football league ground. Spurs game is neither a domestic game and nor is it at a football league ground.

Only they wont have beaten our record. That is the point. Had they done so then correct, congrats and all that.
Every game at Wembley except the 4th division play offs have beaten the record so why all of a sudden is Spurs attendance the one to break it?

Our record is the largest crowd at a domestic game at an English football league ground. Spurs game is neither a domestic game and nor is it at a football league ground.

I don't remember any caveats about Domestic or European games being quoted as a kid. The record is the record all others are lesser. The competition doesn't matter.

The league record and second on the list is held by United at Maine Road. Maine Road was never United's normal home ground even though they played there for a number of seasons.

Wembley will be staging league games for both Spurs and Chelsea in future seasons. It will be a football league (PL) crowd in just the same sense that Maine Road was for United.

Does the Olympic Stadium count? For that matter does the Etihad (Commonwealth Stadium) count? Both have staged events before they became club venues. Neither are technically owned by the resident clubs.

The reason Wednesday night counts and all other club matches at Wembley don't is its being used to stage a Spurs home match. Its not a neutral venue that night as it is in cup finals etc.

Liverpool & Barcelona drew 89,000 there recently in a pre season friendly but Wembley was nominally a neutral venue not a Liverpool home match.

Fair fucks to em I say. tbh couldn't give a fuck about attendances its childish in my opinion.

It's not small time. I don't at all mind whether another club beats our record. But it's not their ground, any more than Maine Road was United's ground after the war.

True enough. Only ourselves and Chelsea have hosted 80,000+ attendances on our own ground. I always kind of find that small fact ironic given the shit we both get thrown at us about history.

Astonishing. I never knew that. Footage here:

Thanks for that M18CTID...never seen that before.

Just a footnote - the game spoken of -3 days later than the Odsal game, between the same 2 teams - was at Maine Road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.