Celtic v City post match

i haven't misunderstood anything matey. you going on about arrogant city fans, I'm saying it most city fans aren't and most were just confident..
"because you keep saying things like "us being city fans should know better" "

I'm not sure how you took that as meaning all city fans are arrogant.
Some are, and it annoys me. Especially when one thing we've all hated about united fans is the arrogance

If you don't understand now then fuck it

First mistake from Pep tonight. That back 4 was a disaster, Otamendi apart who I thought was good.

Im not looking forward to playing Liverpool if thats how we handle a hard press from Celtic.

The fact they're able to challenge europe's elite? I'd say it does personally.
They've managed to draw at home to us in front of one of the most passionate supports in Europe.

They also lost to Gibraltar's part timers.

They are the very essence of a championship side that played well in a cup match and got a draw.

Let's revisit after all six group games should we?

I just can't get to het up about tonight, mate. It's that simple for me. I thought we'd finish second in the group and still do, though it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that we get something from the Barca games. I'm sure Pep will be a bit more animated about it than me and I'm sure he'll do what he thinks he needs to fix things.
What can I say, I'm quite confident about the season ahead and tonight isn't going to shake that belief.

So am I, & I'm completely calm about it.

That doesn't change the fact that both centre backs were utter garbage tonight & the kind of mistakes they made, are not the kind top level players should make.

i have never rated either, but I have held my hands up & said how great both were early doors this season. But Otamendi was garbage v that no mark cf of Bournemouth on the ground & was garbage tonight against a hopeful punt upfield & Kolarov tonight looked like Kolarov.

I don't trust them. I still think we will win the league because we are so good elsewhere that most of the time we will play better, & when we do have stinker at the back we will likely get away with it. But if we defended like that in every game, we wouldn't get awqay with it & would not finish top 4.

And the same performance as tonight in the Prem v Spurs or Everton or the League Cup & we will need at least the same number of goals or Spurs/Everton & the rags will beat us.

Added to last season, tonight has decided for me, that Otamendi & Kolarov are not what we need at cb. We can get away with it, due to Pep, but we shouldn't have to in the future.

Celtic kept their workrate up for longer than I thought they would and we had a few players that had an off day today, but still created more than enough chances to win the game. The only real criticism I have is starting Kolorov ahead of Stones, but there might have been a non-tactical reason for that.

I don't really get the doom and gloom at all, to me that game was a game played with a great spirit from both sides and a pleasure to watch. Celtic playing at home is always a difficult game for anyone.
Good summing up. Good game - no yellow cards - no bad tackles - respect to everyone there tonight - and a good ref.

Not the best game tonight. Thought Sterling was excellent however the rest of the team were poor. Why Stones was on the bench i will never know. We lacked a leader out there tonight until he came on. As much as i love Zabba he just did not look up to it. Ferna was poor in midfield tonight. Like i posted in the match day thread i think this game will be a pivital moment in this teams development. Got to give credit to Celtic who put us under a lot of pressure especially with there pressing game but we will learn from this and get better.

what a fantastic night of football ,
celtic fans were amazing
well done city ,not at our best but showed big balls in one of the worlds most hostile grounds
could of and should of won it with all the pressure in the last 15 mins but fair play to celtic its a fantastic arena on nights like this,

Fair play.The Best summation of the night for me.i was looking thru my fingers the last 15 minutes

We didnt look as good as we have so far under Pep, first goal was offside, the second very unlucky but I thought Celtic got at us like no team has so far under Pep, which is a little worrying. We scored a couple of nice goals and to take a point away from home in Europe isnt a terrible result no matter the opponents, it was just a little underwhelming for me. I think Pep shut up shop, bringing Nando on and pushing Dave out wide just at the point where we were starting to really turn the screw and Celtic were tiring and there for the taking, I was confident we were going to push on and win until he did that, a bit disappointing in that regard. We clearly missed ginger Kev out there tonight thats for sure and Sergio was a off the boil by his very high standards. Not a disaster, but not the best.

Dinho and Raheem were my MOTM couldnt split them.

Pep out, he's just a Spanish Alan Ball at the end of the day ;-)

Don't really think the result is too damaging, as I felt it'd always be incredibly difficult to win this group. Still very confident we'll finish second. Hopefully serves as a wake up call.

Might be a wake up call for City.we gave you a scare.no team has a divine right to win every game.still think you will win the EPL
we gave you the draw, 1 offside, 2 horrendous mistakes and then we decided that we couldnt dribble, pass, or do anything as a team. Was an absolute disaster from city and i dont think you gave us the scare, rather we played the occasion and gifted celtic a draw, mabye the city team just like good football and dont wanna just win every game. We should of won that though, but no biggy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.