Celtic v City post match

Well at least we now know Pep is capable of picking the wrong side, lol.

It was never the game for AK at centre half, crackers to have not picked Stones.

Surprised how bad Zab was too, love the guy but he was awful tonight, defence and in possession.

Don't really think the result is too damaging, as I felt it'd always be incredibly difficult to win this group. Still very confident we'll finish second. Hopefully serves as a wake up call.
Agreed

First mistake from Pep tonight. That back 4 was a disaster, Otamendi apart who I thought was good.

Im not looking forward to playing Liverpool if thats how we handle a hard press from Celtic.
Celtic have only lost 3 out of 25 at home in the champions league.

We didnt look as good as we have so far under Pep, first goal was offside, the second very unlucky but I thought Celtic got at us like no team has so far under Pep, which is a little worrying. We scored a couple of nice goals and to take a point away from home in Europe isnt a terrible result no matter the opponents, it was just a little underwhelming for me. I think Pep shut up shop, bringing Nando on and pushing Dave out wide just at the point where we were starting to really turn the screw and Celtic were tiring and there for the taking, I was confident we were going to push on and win until he did that, a bit disappointing in that regard. We clearly missed ginger Kev out there tonight thats for sure and Sergio was a off the boil by his very high standards. Not a disaster, but not the best.

Dinho and Raheem were my MOTM couldnt split them.

Pep out, he's just a Spanish Alan Ball at the end of the day ;-)
its not worrying at all, we totally let celtic play their game, we did nothing to disrupt and did not react to where they were and didnt draw fouls, it was prety much a gift to celtic this game. Noone wanted to see us destroy them did they

They've managed to draw at home to us in front of one of the most passionate supports in Europe.

They also lost to Gibraltar's part timers.

They are the very essence of a championship side that played well in a cup match and got a draw.

Let's revisit after all six group games should we?

They've lost 3 champions league group stage games at home. Less than us, and they've been in it more

Gladbach could easily get 6 points against Celtic. We need to get something out of the Barca games.

Doesn't every team turn up their game when a 'big' team turn up. You telling me the atmosphere at Eastlands is the same vs. Burnley as it is Barca? Celtic put in a good game tonight, and their fans were great. We were unlucky to miss out on all 3 points, though.

Your last sentence summed the whole Celtic where great bollocks, we were the better side who played on the front foot throughout.

We created far far more chances than them.

Better teams than us have gone to poorer Celtic teams and come away with nothing. We came from behind 3 times and never gave up.
If we can come away from Spuds without being beaten then its a fantastic start to the season.
Think people are being a bit harsh tonight on here. On wards and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.