Celtic v City post match

TBF if I was a Celtic fan I'd be gloating today

Considering the players we had playing, Pep and the form we have been in drawing with us was a morale victory

Well done to them I say and let's see how it pans out at our ground

Can't begrudge them a point based on pure effort but we should have won that with the chances we had.
I still maintain Kolarov is not a good enough substitute for Stones. We looked so much more in control when he slotted into that position and Kolarov went to LB.
Overall reasonably happy with the outcome given the harsh conditions and partisan support.
Am certain none of the other teams in the group are gonna get an easy ride there this year.

I agree with pretty much all of that. Hopefully better full backs are the next on the hit list for next summer as frankly none of them are at the top level anymore. We have got away with it so far but better sides will catch us out.

Aguero does need to work harder without the ball as does Silva for me.

Sane still hasn't shown enough in games to be starting but hopefully is showing more in training. The only problem with Navas playing is he can only play in one position and it affects where Sterling plays.
True. But with the way Sterling's confidence is growing, I reckon he'll mash it on either flank and probably at striker right now. He looks a lot like the 17 yearold Sterling. Playing with reckless abandon.

The deflection was unlucky but their play leading up to it was slick (Taking our shit defending out of it. Had Sterling not tow poked it in the net, there is no way of knowing how that would have panned out. To be honest I thought our defending was shit for all three goals but there was some method in their thinking, even if the first was offside. I am not convinced by our set up at free kicks.

Yeah I agree, not taking anything away from Celtic as I do think they brought they put in a fantastic performance. Personally, I was shocked to not see Stones' name on the team sheet but that's neither here nor there; our defence was poorly organised from the get go.

Well I'm oldschool City going back to the days of the scoreboard end. Used to meet some Rangers lads in the Claremont who would come down for our games and they were sound.
How about you ? Or is this all too upsetting for you ?
Lol, upsetting me. On the contrary I find your stance hilarious. But on a side note, try and tell your so called fans not to trash our city again in the unlikely event that they ever make it into Europe.

Just snooped their forum to see their reaction. There is something in me that likes the club itself but just confirmed why I generally dislike their fanbase as a whole. The mongs of the isles gravitate toward them like with the rags. Coming out with the brainless Emptihad, no fans pre-2008 myths because they heard someone else say it once. Type of cretin to type AF and use bae in their day to day communication.

Sure plenty of their match-going fans are sound, just as with anywhere the nobs make themselves heard which makes it hard for me to like 'em. That, and the IRA stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread But...................I see Celtic were given permission to 'Trial ' Standing Seating for this season.
I know that UEFA have Borussia Dortmund reduce their capacity for CL games - 80,000 down to 67,000 (so I heard) - So I am assuming Celtic had to use 'the seats' which would reduce their capacity for last night. If any Celtic fan reads this maybe they can tell me does their capacity rise to about 63,000 (part standing) for League games.
Just interested.

Im afraid hoofing the ball is the preferred option for Kolorov or Otamendi when being pressed whithout having the option of Stones besides them. Mistakes happen at the back, it was sloppy by Kolorov but its part of the game. I think we were poor defensively last night and missed Stones, which Im guessing is why he was brought on. Stones starts we win,. we cope better with Celtics high pressing. Just my opinion though !
I disagree. Otamendi is a cultured passer of the ball. Some of his passes make even Stones passes look elementary. Last night was just an uncomfortable night all around. Movement was laboured and the rain might have affected everyone's control and confidence a bit.

Don't tell Sterling though. He didn't seem to notice :)

One of Man Citys greatest ever European results, to come back 3 times in the Lions den takes huge character, although I think if Celtic could have got 2 in front there would simply have been no way back.

Even the great teams need luck at Celtic Park and City got their fair share, a wayward shot broke for Fernandinho, a goal from nothing really, and then with Celtic in control of the game, Dembele makes a needless pass to Brown, Silva and Sterling produce a class goal but it was a completely unforced error from Celtic. Great play for Citys 3rd goal but slightly fortunate that the rebound falls kindly for a tap in.

Celtic also had some luck, as we often get on these nights from whatever unseen force it is that operate in this arena. The 1st goal technically was offisde, but it was a superbly worked free kick which produced a point blank chance from 6 yards that was going in anyway, to write that off because the ball hit Dembele on the way in would be harsh, Rodger clearly done his homework and got the reward this time. For Celtics 2nd goal it was great play, Bitton nutmegged Fernandinho and released Rogic who slit open the City defence, Tierney who has been extremely unlucky not to score 4 or 5 goals in the last few games, finally got the break with a deflection of Sterling, was no more that Celtic deserved at the time. The 3rd goal is a mistake from Man City but a nice finish from the 20yo wonderkid Dembele, making up for his part in Citys 2nd.

Overall a draw was a fair result, this was not a typical underdog display by Celtic, this was a 50/50 game for 70 minutes, Gordon made 1 or 2 decent saves all night, in comparison to Forster having to make 10 wondersaves against Barcelona, Man City did not create many clear chances, the stats may be skewed by some pointless shots from distance. This was a massive test for Man City make no mistake, those players might never experience anything like it again in their careers, and they can be extremely satisfied to come away with a point despite dominating possession for the last 20 mins when Celtic had run their race. Far greater teams have left here with nothing but its clear this Man City team have the minerals to go far in England this season, it is also clear that they do not have the personnel to mount a serious challenge in this competition, not sure any amount of investment can change that.

Had the misfortune of a fellow blues verdict today , he didn't go or see it on TV but decided it was an embarrassing result !!! It's sad that some have developed a sense of entitlement. Told him that giving Celtic credit would be more apt .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.