Barcelona vs City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be JOKING.
As much as he is a scapegoat on here, I wager if it was Kolarov 1 v 1 against Lukaku on saturday, he has the balls to engage and at least show him wider
Clichy took zero responsibility at all and allowed the goal to be scored. Kolarov doesn't let Lukaku bully him like that. Do you seriously think Clichy will fare any better Wednesday night?

I have a serious hunch we will play Kompany Stones Otamendi, why else would he bring Kompany on on saturday (up front or otherwise!!!), if it wasnt to test his horrendous calfs/hamstrings/body in general for 5 minutes

I think if he was seriously thinking about playing Kompany, Stones & Otamendi as a 3 against Barca, he would have brought Kompany on for Clichy on Saturday after 60 mins.

Flying out tomorrow night, looking forward to my first Euro away. Where does the drinking normal happen? Hoping for a point, a win would be a great result. Whatever the result it will be another step on the new era ladder.

We have scored 3,3,4,4,3,4,5 goals in separate games this season so far.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find a more ruthless striker than Sergio Aguero, penalty crisis or not.
Speaking about 'this level' asif Pep and our fans arent aware who we are facing... we have players in KDB Aguero Nolito who will put the ball in the back of the net 8 times out of 10
Unfortunately we faced a keeper in a freakishly good spell for 90 mins saturday

Dont watch the game then, if you dont think we can win
Well said mate

Flying out tomorrow night, looking forward to my first Euro away. Where does the drinking normal happen? Hoping for a point, a win would be a great result. Whatever the result it will be another step on the new era ladder.

My first Champs League away trip also, arrive Wed am so would also appreciate knowing where to join fellow Blues, chance of result if we show no fear

Here's what I will do:

---------------Bravo
---Stones Kompany-Otamendi
Sane--------------------------Clichy
-----------Fernandinho
---Gundogan------------Silva
-------------De Bruyne
---------------Aguero

1. Pack the midfield with a diamond shaped midfield
2. Assign one player e.g. Kompany to Messi
3. Sane in because of his raw pace
4. Sane and Clichy to prioritize defending over attacking
5. Emphasis on preventing them from scoring and then nicking a goal or a couple

My first Champs League away trip also, arrive Wed am so would also appreciate knowing where to join fellow Blues, chance of result if we show no fear

Placa Reial (off the Ramblas). You can buy from the bar or get a crate in at the off licence.

I think we are in a better position to face Barcelona than we've ever been, we are a team capable of getting a result against them(lesser teams have every now and then), we have a manager who knows how to set up against them(biggest difference between the other occasions we've faced them for me) and the way games have gone for us in the past we're not expected to win we've got it all to gain if you think about it. That's not to say we will definitely get a result but we should go into the game with our heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.