Utd v City | EFL Round 4 | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think everyone will be in for a pleasant shock tonight as I think even our young lads can twat their strongest eleven.

a) he's not in Madrid any more
b) why the heck are we paying him a fortune if he doesn't care about winning???????????? He should be wanting to win every game, just as much as the fans!! In fact maybe even more than the fans!!!
c) We haven't won our last 5 games and the count will be 6 if we don't win this one. No way Pep would want anything other than a win.

a) he's not in Madrid any more
b) why the heck are we paying him a fortune if he doesn't care about winning???????????? He should be wanting to win every game, just as much as the fans!! In fact maybe even more than the fans!!!
A) he was never in Madrid
B) true, just like Pellegrini did

I think they have greater depth to their squad, which means that they can rotate more easily without significantly weakening their side. That, and home advantage, definitely gives them the edge. Hopefully Guardiola will pick a stronger side than expected, but it's understandable that he'll prioritise West Brom and Barcelona ahead of this one.

I think they have greater depth in terms of they are very much a much of a much-ness - we have the better starting 11, but when you get down to the 15th player and below, they have the edge

I agree that they will go strong and we won't, which is disappointing but understandable

I have just got off the phone to a Untied fan who I will be watching the game with and he isn't confident at all

Think everyone will be in for a pleasant shock tonight as I think even our young lads can twat their strongest eleven.

Would love to see this, their strongest 11 look shite, they deserve a good thumping. Any team news on tonights game yet?

both teams need a win, while both managers are under differing amounts of pressure, Mourinho will be desperate to win a derby against City, after the way we tore them apart in the first half of the derby in the league, he will want to a win to show how they have dog in the fight, and that the 4-0 trouncing to Chelsea was a "one off"
If Pep puts out a revised side, rests some player, and still comes away with a win it will underline his obvious abilities, if we lose, it's just the EFL Cup, and we have bigger fish to fry, but we should continue to challenge for all cups, as our recent trophy hauls in the EFL Cup have shown.

I always do fear a loss but I expect United to have too much out there on the pitch tonight.

It certainly seems the case they will be going first-choice, outside of the goalkeeper and one or two others.

Herrera, Carrick and Pogba would be very strong in comparable terms to Fernando and Garcia.

Same goes for their full-backs in Shaw and Darmian, as opposed to Maffeo and Angelino.

My main concerns will be our ability to handle the direct running of Martial and Rashford if Mourinho grows a pair.

Martial not in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.