Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think pep would keep him if he can't stay fit for 5 mins?
Internationals are more of a risk because of the change in training methods etc,we can manage him but he has shown to go against both bobby and mp and play because he is a stubborn git

If and when he breaks down again, I am sure his future at the club would be put into further doubt. This could happen at any time though, and as Vinny is now on the bench for games, that would suggest he is at the stage where he needs minutes on the pitch to get back to where he was, it could be a good thing for him to play for Belgium as long as its not a full game.

Mine was more of a point I dont think Pep would stop a player representing his country if he wanted to, like GPC did so many times over the years.

Vincent Kompany is a very intelligent man and he and the club will work it out, together they will weigh up the risks and make a decision. I trust Vinnie and the club. Vinnie, quite naturally wants to play for his country and for that I applaud him, it is a great honour, especially as he is their Captain but he also wants to play for us so it will be a big decision.

Belgium are not exactly short of centre halfs though are they? Will he get a game even if he does go?
Overall I would like to think that Vinny can be trusted to make sensible decisions and would let him decide when and how much to play. Whether Martinez will concur is the main issue.

As long as he doesn't over do it then this can only be a good thing. Match time is what he needs at the moment. I'd play him Saturday too. I think him asking to come off at half time at OT means he has finally realised he needs to listen to the medical staff and his own body. If he breaks down again it is probably best he does it for Belgium than in one of our games. Fingers crossed he stays fit though. I still believe he is the best defender at the club and a true leader.

For once its a good thing he's going on international duty. Great chance to build his match fitness and prove to whoever he needs to (himself as much as Pep I guess) that he can do 90 minutes.

For once its a good thing he's going on international duty. Great chance to build his match fitness and prove to whoever he needs to (himself as much as Pep I guess) that he can do 90 minutes.
Maybe. But nothing would please me more if he spent all of his international duty on the bench.

Judging Martinez' presser I think it's more than likely Kompany will start for Belgium v Holland next Wednesday.
Also, looking at the squad, it's clear to see Martinez hasn't called up much back-ups for the center back positions. The only one I see is Watford's Kabasele, the others are starters (Vertonghen - Kompany - Ciman) or wing-backs (Meunier, Cavanda, Foket).
So if Martinez plays his favored 3-4-3 (3-4-2-1 actually), it's likely Kompany will even get the 90 mins. Most likely line-up:

.............Courtois;
....Ciman, Kompany, Vertonghen;
Meunier, Dembélé, Witsel, Carrasco;
......De Bruyne, E. Hazard;
.............R. Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.