Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Just got back from the game. Second half was magnificent. Sterling and Sane are a joy to behold and they will only get better and better and better.

Good result. Arsenal can be a dangerous team both home and away. Today we were the better team. We attacked and wanted it more in the second half and won it well. Sterling and Sane both took there goals well which was nice to see. Think both will kick on with more goals as the season goes on. Also Silvas last 3 games has looked like he is coming back to the Silva of old 2 assits and a goal in his last 3 games. We need more from Silva as if he is on form along with KDB we will create a lot of chances. IF we win against Hull next Monday 9 points out of 12 when Kun is out is a good return for us. Leading into the Liverpool game.
I think Silva looks a lot better without gundogan personally. Gets on the ball a lot more and runs the show.

Brilliant! Not been back long, great performance and atmosphere. After they scored I feared the worst but we battered them, particularly in the second half. I am one of the pessimists who was dreading the game and I am ecstatic to eat humble pie. Aside from the goal they hardly troubled us. Wenger shunting again which makes it all the sweeter ha ha!

Im just not getting the dismal first half comments at all?

We controlled the game form virtually minute one.

We had lots of the ball in the 1st half, which is different from controlling proceedings. Bar that header from Sterling we created next to nothing and they were content to let us have possession and look to do us on the counter. Plus we were pretty pedestrian. Dismal's maybe a bit strong, but we certainly looked toothless IMO. 2nd half was a complete transformation. On the front foot the whole time and gave them no time or space in midfield. Kev, Sterling, Spanish Dave and Fernando were all excellent, but Ya Ya was a cut above even them. Totally ran the game. Brilliant stuff

Last edited:
Offside?

First goal - I've seen the "white line" that shows Sane a toe ahead - but does anyone else think the line isn't where it should be?

Second goal - I did wonder but Silva didn't offend the new guidance as he never got close to the ball.

The new “additional guidance” to referees says that a player should be considered offside if he “clearly attempts to play a ball, which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent” or “makes an obvious action, which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball”.

It introduces a degree of subjectivity as to the intention of the player concerned but Mike Riley, the manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Board, said that the referees would still encourage attacking play.

“It allows those decisions where morally we all thought, ‘That should be offside’, to be penalised,” he said. “It’s important to say it doesn’t mean everything is offside. Unless you meet those specific criteria we will still keep the flag down.”

I really feel sorry for Robbie the Arsenal TV presenter having to deal with all these pretend gangsta types

Anyway, I thought we were terrific in the second half. Right in their faces, not letting them settle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.