Etihad atmosphere

I was at Anfield and there is a difference.

The whole of Anfield get's behind the team, and not just one or two small sections that do at the Etihad.
Saying that, Liverpool have 26,000 fans in a single tier behind one goal, which in itself is enough to get the rest of the ground going.
We have a singinng section in one block, and even in there, there are roughly 20-30 fans continually trying to create an atmosphere.
In comparison we don't stand a chance.
What I will say in our defence is that when there is a good atmosphere at the Etihad, ie Arsenal at home, the Etihad and our fans are a match for any club and their fans.
Unfortunately Arsenal-esc atmosphere's are few and far between at City ATM.

For the rest of the 300 odd who signed up and moved to that singing block, but don't bother trying to create an atmosphere, what was the point? Have they given up completely? The same goes for everyone in the South Stand lower who doesn't bother singing. They must be content with the atmosphere, because there is no reason for the complete lack of noise from that stand.

Why don't we get a drum or a Band. Pep would have been use to that in Barca and Munich.

I also got the impression Pep thinks what have I got myself into, I am the best coach in the world and these lot do not deserve me.

I went to watch Stockport county on Sunday, they have a drum. I'm ashamed to say that the county fans created Annette atmosphere throughout the game than us. It was continuous too.

I went to watch Stockport county on Sunday, they have a drum. I'm ashamed to say that the county fans created Annette atmosphere throughout the game than us. It was continuous too.

A better*, bloody predictive text!

As someone who followed the club home and away for many years until I felt I had lost the club I once knew, from my experience of travelling around europe to watch football (predominantly Italy) the only way to save/develop the shocking state of atmosphere in the English stadia is to completely embrace the ultra style of support. Groups of like minded people who are willing to stand side by side and protect each other from showsec and the like and take back control of the terrace. Are English fans capable of making this drastic step forward in mentality, i'm not sure, but is this the only viable way forward, I could not be more certain.

As someone who followed the club home and away for many years until I felt I had lost the club I once knew, from my experience of travelling around europe to watch football (predominantly Italy) the only way to save/develop the shocking state of atmosphere in the English stadia is to completely embrace the ultra style of support. Groups of like minded people who are willing to stand side by side and protect each other from showsec and the like and take back control of the terrace. Are English fans capable of making this drastic step forward in mentality, i'm not sure, but is this the only viable way forward, I could not be more certain.

The singing section is supposedly like minded people to the ones who really care, but it's made no difference- most of them are as apathetic as the rest of the stadium.

The singing section is supposedly like minded people to the ones who really care, but it's made no difference- most of them are as apathetic as the rest of the stadium.
Isnt 115 supposed to be a singing section? Im in 115 on row C and its full of tourists and sorry to say it, lots of empty seats (i dont have a problem with empty seats) but thats not exactly supporting a great atmosphere. Get the tourists into the main stand or somewhere other that the singing section and make sure that behind the goals is full fans that at least know the words to songs other than blue moon.

Why don't we get a drum or a Band. Pep would have been use to that in Barca and Munich.

I also got the impression Pep thinks what have I got myself into, I am the best coach in the world and these lot do not deserve me.
God, we've hit rock bottom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.