Burnley - Post match thread

Fernandiho's tackle is a red card if the ref follows the letter of the law. So he took the opportunity to do so, on that one occasion.

He will book a rag or Liverpool player for a similar offence, in the coming season(s), just watch.

It's only my view. To me he played the ball first and wasn't completely out of control so it was yellow. Stupid, yes. My point was really if this was a red card why was the same kind of tackle on KdB not a red?

It's only my view. To me he played the ball first and wasn't completely out of control so it was yellow. Stupid, yes. My point was really if this was a red card why was the same kind of tackle on KdB not a red?

There is the problem.

Pretty much all of our rivals have been guilty of multiple red card offences in recent times & we are the only club being punished.

Did he ?

I saw the Sky version & noticed it immediately, unlike the commentators or Alan fucking Curbishly.

Tbh, whether Bravo should have done better, maybe he still should, but that's not the fucking point. The point is, we watch football week in week out, we see a ball come in, someone farts near a keeper & it's a free kick. Often just jumping close to a keeper is enough for them to drop the ball & the ref gives them a free pass. If he doesn't, they moan at him.

Suddenly, we have Manchester City, down to ten men, playing vs a team who have one chance in the game: lump it & head it. So the fucking referee, suddenly decides anything goes in the six yard box, as applying the fucking rules, would effectively finish Burnley off in the game. So their player is allowed to punch our goalkeeper in the mouth as he comes for the ball.

In 99 out of 100 games, a ref would give a free kick for that 'just in case'. In this instance, the bloke swings his arm toward Bravo's face, clear as day, & nothing is given.

If Bravo should have done better, fair enough, so should Joe & many other keepers we have seen drop the ball in similar circumstances, but to allow that assault to take place then, lest we forget, he also allowed the 2nd instance where the bloke headed it out of his hands, Nat Lofthouse style, as he couldn't have known in that instant, which attempt went over the line.

It fucking stinks.
WTF was Silva doing in there also, blooming twighlight zone material

WTF was Silva doing in there also, blooming twighlight zone material

One thing Pep has vastly improved over all previous managers, (well, his coaches have) is getting everyone involved defending this shit, no matter their size or previous record in those situations.

Mike Dean even changed the rules because we were doing such a good job keeping Stoke out, by penalising Sterling for having his hands raised when Shawcross tried to push him over.

I might be wrong, but I don't recall us getting a single freekick while the ball was in the air until stoppage time, despite them doing the standard hoof, back in and wrestle tactics you expect from most British managers. It's the same every game we play, our tiny attackers get repeatedly called for fouls in the air, our defenders do if they fight back, but the opposition is allowed to wrestle away to their hearts content as they know the referee won't give anything. Leicester was the most obvious, all season they'd struggled with set pieces because they know they can't just wrestle like last season, but when it came to us they knew they would be allowed to get away with it so just took the piss.

There is the problem.

Pretty much all of our rivals have been guilty of multiple red card offences in recent times & we are the only club being punished.
You're absolutely right. I think the Kun witch hunt for tickling a chin in comparison to multiple reckless incidents with other teams players was the start of my current disgust and anger at the continuous refereeing decisions and the anti city media. This is a whole new level

Burnley got what they deserved for their disgusting persistent snidey fouls and digs!!!!
Zero points.

Very much so. Ferguson stopped talking to the BBC for years. Respect is a mutual thing and these fuckers are worthy of none from us at the moment.
Its unlikely it'll be seen in the same light though. The media these days want every second of the match day dissected to analyse any detail thats most times not even there to be analysed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.