Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Rowing machine question. Should I just go for as long as I can or could anyone recommend a programme to follow?

In running I did the following got some distance under my belt to start then do 3 different distances and tried to improve the time and also did the fast slow intervals which is a killer but is very good for your fitness, presume rowing could be the same

Rowing machine question. Should I just go for as long as I can or could anyone recommend a programme to follow?

whats your goal mate?

looks lots of different training plans out there but short bursts seem to be best google hiit rowing and loads pop up good to mix it up. I think if you just did as long as yyou could you would be bored pretty quickly.

just dont do an andrew marr!!

whats your goal mate?

looks lots of different training plans out there but short bursts seem to be best google hiit rowing and loads pop up good to mix it up. I think if you just did as long as yyou could you would be bored pretty quickly.

just dont do an andrew marr!!
Just need 2 shift a couple of stone and tone up. Started running again last week and rejoined gym.

Just an update on my trap bar, just done my first session with it today, did A bit with my barbell then tried out the trap bar and was very impressed. Much easier on the lower back and grip and easier technically as well.

My lad was with me and he hadn't done deadlifts before and we had to adjust quite a bit on the barbell but with the trap bar no problems, he does squats and said he wishes his gym had one.

I usually bash out 2k on the rower in about 8 minutes at the start of my workouts gets the heart racing you getdizzy etc etc but if you just go on for as long as you can you'll get bored i'd suggest intervals, 20 seconds hard as you can rest 20, 30 seconds hard as you rest for 20 seconds and increase each time.

Any tips on getting dumbbells in the starting position when doing incline DB bench? I go on my own and don't like asking others in the gym.
I've made decent progress recently on my push exercises and am using program that calls for low rep high weight.
This means that while I can just about manage to press the weight for my 4x5 sets, the getting it into position is hard and is taking too much out of me prior to the sets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.