Sagna fined 40K for social media post.

But FA can't prove that he is lying if he would have said that, unless the FA can prove what everybody thinks.

I doubt that they have to prove "beyond all reasonable" doubt in these cases. It would've been patently obvious to everyone that it was bullshit if Sagna claimed it was a reference to Burnley's support. Saying that it was a typo would've been a more sensible approach, although he'd probably still have been charged.

Not the wisest thing to do, just hope he gets a fine rather than a ban. That's what usually happens when managers do it.

I doubt that they have to prove "beyond all reasonable" doubt in these cases. It would've been patently obvious to everyone that it was bullshit if Sagna claimed it was a reference to Burnley's support. Saying that it was a typo would've been a more sensible approach, although he'd probably still have been charged.

Not the wisest thing to do, just hope he gets a fine rather than a ban. That's what usually happens when managers do it.
They've taken it upon themselves to appoint their own members as a civil court so they have to prove balance of probability. Still difficult to see how they would have dealt with the typo defence, especially as he deleted the post fairly quickly (an admission of a mistake rather than guilt).

In civil cases which this is, your right it's not "Beyond all reasonable doubt", the burden of proof is a lot less and is on "The Balance Of Probability" which is far easier to convict. We all know what he meant, he knows what he meant, the FA know what he meant.....he'll get done and I'm amazed he was so stupid to post it. Like you say hopefully a fine, but a Burnley player got a 4 match ban for stuff he said 5 years ago, so not hopeful at all.

They've taken it upon themselves to appoint their own members as a civil court so they have to prove balance of probability. Still difficult to see how they would have dealt with the typo defence, especially as he deleted the post fairly quickly (an admission of a mistake rather than guilt).

Sorry Aguero didn't see this post by yourself making the same point.

To be fair, that was for tweeting this:

Bit more sinister than Sagna's post!

I know it's more sinister.

But he stated in litigation that he was a young and immature etc when he made that tweet. Now five years down the line he was more mature and grown up.

The FA still did him for this "historical tweet"

I know a number of Burnley fans who were livid with the FA. I think Sagne hasn't done himself any favours and the FA won't give him any. Hope I'm wrong, and we'll see very soon how this all pans out.

I know it's more sinister.

But he stated in litigation that he was a young and immature etc when he made that tweet. Now five years down the line he was more mature and grown up.

The FA still did him for this "historical tweet"

I know a number of Burnley fans who were livid with the FA. I think Sagne hasn't done himself any favours and the FA won't give him any. Hope I'm wrong, and we'll see very soon how this all pans out.

Hopefully the precedent with managers being fined for questioning referees' integrity will work in Sagna's favour.

The charge is challenging the referee's integrity or suggesting bias. What if he says he was merely challenging the ref's competence? With the foot up lunges by Arfield and Ward not being punished that's easy to prove. Are we entitled to ask who was in Mason's ear for the red card for Fernandinho?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.