Everton v City post match

Why, because some people see now what you'll see in 2 4 or 6 months, guys out of his comfort zone & looks beaten & btw I'll never support anyone but Manchester City not Guardiola fc
He might be out of his comfort zone, doesn't mean he is out of his depth

We beat Spurs (who are in second) next week and we move level on points with them. Yes today was bad but supporting City has always been a rollercoaster. We stick by the manager and the team till the death otherwise we're just a bunch of rags.

Hahaha thanks for that. Needed a lift. Spurs will rape us

The opening period showed his system, the original formation and tactics, can work in the PL and very well at that. And we actually played well even in the Barca loss. The draws were a mixed bag but largely due to the bedding in that was still taking place. Since then we've been up and down, which is not proof of systemic failure. I suppose in contract to your view, I think its strange to consider a stop-start mid-season period (after half a season in charge) as proof there is no hope for a manager.

I also find it difficult to see anything in this season that would make someone so confident that we have no where to go. I could if we were regularly being played off the park or consistently losing matches. But we are not.

And where has this influencing signings for a year come from? Also, how do you know he got every one of his targets in the summer? And you genuinely believed he could come in, with one transfer window, and have us dominating the league after we all saw how our team was stagnating in many regards over the past two years?

Regarding Conte's work, I agree that he has done very well but I am not sure how you come to the conclusions you have there. Chelsea drastically underperformed last year with a fairly strong squad—in no small part to mismanagement. The narrative that he has come in and overachieved is just a media story designed to play to the Chelsea masses and romantic neutrals (as well as disparage Pep's performance, which is everyone's favourite exercise these days). He also has a much easier schedule, less pressure because of that previous underachievement, and, in my mind, a somewhat complimentary FA (where as I do not think we have received the same assistance in certain situations).

Beyond all that, though, I just think we gain more by supporting him and the team through what was always going to be a difficult transitional period, rather than pulling out the pitchforks.
Excellent post, take a bow

Hey friends been a long time since I posted here, was wondering where the pep out club can be found? We are a fucking embarrassment and it is entirely the fault of gaurdiola and his, I said it before he joined as well. the egotistical **** believes his own shite and now he's finding out what it's like to play in a competitive league he can't handle it. He is out of his depth because he has never actually had to do any difficult work, chances the best out of the greatest Barca squad in history and underachieved with Bayern in the Bayern Munich league and now he thinks he's the shit. We will never win a competition with gaurdiola in charge he is too weak it's time to stop this mess while we can still save some face
Correct

Hahaha thanks for that. Needed a lift. Spurs will rape us
I respectfully disagree. Everyone now thinks we're shit so in typical city fashion I think we'll muller them. Then the week after when we think we're on the up again we'll get beat

I think we need to start handing our bans for posts like this.
I would normally agree but then there would be quite a few bans being handed out today—probably best not to burden the mods that much during these "dark, dark" days.

End product, end soddin product...?!
Bravo faced 4 shots and failed to prevent any hitting the back of the net.
Keepers are the last line of defence, he's not good enough, big enough or imposing enough between the sticks.
Our midfield doesn't knit defence and attack, and it certainly doesn't support either effectively.
Our attack is, well, it couldn't strike a match.
Are players playing to their strengths, in their best or prefered positions...?
God knows, because none appeared interested in the last hour.
It seemed that after our bright start, and without a clear effort on goal, they went to pot, in particularly after the first goal.
We can't go into games knowing we must score a couple or more to win because we fail to keep clean sheets.
Our play needs to be faster, more aggressive.
And it isn't remotely entertaining.
Spurs will rip us another one if we play like that defensively, we certainly won't score against them.
Pep looked a bewildered man in the second half, even defeatist.
Is it the players inability to apply his system, or the system...?
Got to be the former because he's competed with the best teams in Europe and won. Teams that are aggressive and quick have been put to the sword.
So why is he struggling with this lot.
Doesn't bode well, not one bit....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.