Everton v City post match

No, no need to reframe or rephase it. What are the promising aspects of the CL so far? Beating Monchengladbach 4-0 at home? Or just the Barca win? (Which was brilliant as is the one positive I can think of). I think it's strange to consider a start to a season as a positive when it all falls away after that.

We've had good spells with plenty of managers, and have had great one-off wins with plenty of managers, but I just find it hard to see anything from this season that could really be enough to make you see evidence of this going somehwhere.

And it's not like he's got another managers squad completely. He's been influencing signings for a year at least. Conte hasn't, and he hasn't needed such a big time to transition a team who finished TENTH last season.

Conte is well known for starting well, he finds it hard to keep the momentum season after season. Let's see how he copes next season.

Hart wasn't quite good enough, Willy isn't and bravo gets a little longer. We may well need another keeper as well as fullbacks, centre backs and dms. Well done txixi you're the best
Add to that my match day experience wasn't the best even apart from the resuult. Ever been sat / stood in the away end with people in full kit wanker mode wearing another teams kit and singing another teams songs.

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you are saying but like i just said in another thread...its quite ironic that Peps tactics have made other teams respond in such a way that we don't actually need a keeper who is good with his feet as very few teams are pressing us that hard...What also Peps tactics have done is meant that cause our midfield and fullbacks push so high that when this breaks down there are situations where we have 2-3- defenders vs 2-3 attackers.....as Pep says they have to be good at one on ones...(which they aint)..but this also means the goalkeeper and Bravo is shit at it.. you say he couldn't do anything about the goals today but the third and 4th goals he would have made a better attempt at as Hart was brilliant at making himself big and blocking one on ones and id put money on the fact than he would have done a better job than bravo on the 3rd and 4th goals.

Did anyone else notice as well that the second goal was remarkably like the chelsea second goal that William scored...hit it early and bravo was no where near set and he got nowhere near it...same sort of position (maybe a bit closer to goal when he hit it)

Please explain on the fourth goal how making yourself big helps when the ball is hit low through you legs?

Thing is mate there are 4 teams genuinely better than us- Win one lose one is what Stoke do , it's shit and like I say it's gutless and spineless shit - I'm not arsed getting beat but that today was fucking wank- no leaders, Aguero looks shot under Pep , it's not working and won't with this shithouseness
We will get there, but he is working with an ageing squad who are way past their sell by date. I wrote this season off before it started as a transitional one, people who got their expectations up are now being disappointed. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, and unfortunately our team is full of old dogs

This season all depends on what mandate Pep has had from the top. As a team we have been on the decline for a few years now with an ageing squad. The players at the back who were bought for huge sums have proved a total disaster so we now need to buy a whole defence as nobody appears to be willing to give the kids a chance. If Pep has been told to introduce a whole new way of playing and if we win nothing and miss out on the champion's league it is ok then fair enough. If not then he has to seriously become ruthless and change our style to suit the premier league as we have too soft a centre at the moment. The keeper, although not as bad as some make out, appears to have lost the confidence of himself and the players and needs to come out of the firing line. Teams are lining up to shoot and challenge him knowing they have a 90% chance of success.

I have no idea why new fullbacks were not bought or gradually introduced from the reserves as it was obvious they were on the decline. We did try to rectify the centre halves but they have all been a disaster with only Stones having youth on his side but he is crying out for a rock and experience to play alongside to coax him through games and we don't have it.

The midfield is too much of the same with no real grafters or hard men except Fern and up front we lack another top forward. Worryingly Aguero is looking a shadow of his old self too.

Off the field we seem to be making cock up's too and I think the owner or chairman needs to get the whole club together and bang a few heads and have a clear the air meeting and we go from there.

Hey friends been a long time since I posted here, was wondering where the pep out club can be found? We are a fucking embarrassment and it is entirely the fault of gaurdiola and his, I said it before he joined as well. the egotistical **** believes his own shite and now he's finding out what it's like to play in a competitive league he can't handle it. He is out of his depth because he has never actually had to do any difficult work, chances the best out of the greatest Barca squad in history and underachieved with Bayern in the Bayern Munich league and now he thinks he's the shit. We will never win a competition with gaurdiola in charge he is too weak it's time to stop this mess while we can still save some face
I think we need to start handing our bans for posts like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.