Everton v City post match

Spurs won't bend over in the 2nd half like Arsenal did

Holding onto the 2008 turn around when Nedum scored, I went to bet on City winning at 1-0 down at half time at the 125 (ish?) bookies were closed. Scarred since :)

I think we need to start handing our bans for posts like this.

On this you and I agree. I know people are upset but no City fan I know would talk this way....

" We will never win a competition with gaurdiola in charge he is too weak it's time to stop this mess while we can still save some face"

Save some face? When was saving face a big deal for blues?

The opening period showed his system, the original formation and tactics, can work in the PL and very well at that. And we actually played well even in the Barca loss. The draws were a mixed bag but largely due to the bedding in that was still taking place. Since then we've been up and down, which is not proof of systemic failure. I suppose in contract to your view, I think its strange to consider a stop-start mid-season period (after half a season in charge) as proof there is no hope for a manager.

I also find it difficult to see anything in this season that would make someone so confident that we have no where to go. I could if we were regularly being played off the park or consistently losing matches. But we are not.

And where has this influencing signings for a year come from? Also, how do you know he got every one of his targets in the summer? And you genuinely believed he could come in, with one transfer window, and have us dominating the league after we all saw how our team was stagnating in many regards over the past two years?

Regarding Conte's work, I agree that he has done very well but I am not sure how you come to the conclusions you have there. Chelsea drastically underperformed last year with a fairly strong squad—in no small part to mismanagement. The narrative that he has come in and overachieved is just a media story designed to play to the Chelsea masses and romantic neutrals (as well as disparage Pep's performance, which is everyone's favourite exercise these days). He also has a much easier schedule, less pressure because of that previous underachievement, and, in my mind, a somewhat complimentary FA (where as I do not think we have received the same assistance in certain situations).

Beyond all that, though, I just think we gain more by supporting him and the team through what was always going to be a difficult transitional period, rather than pulling out the pitchforks.

Ok, so we looked good at the start, and the system seemed to work (inverted full backs and all that jazz)... and then we change it all! :/ And we become far less convincing. Using a different system which ceryainly doesn't appear to 'work very well in the PL'. Surely to move away from a system that works to one that doesn't isn't a positive thing!?
I havem'y said there is any systemic failure, I just asked how you can be so assured of a positive outcome. And apart from a great home win v barca and an early style that we have since abandoned, there doesn't appear to be anything else. So with no other positives, and no player (except maybe Kolarov) improving or even playing to the levels they have previously, it is hard to see where your confidence comes from.

We might not be getting played off the park, but we are regularly playing against systems which are getting more effective outcomes than the ability levels of the players on the pitch would lead you to expect.

You don't think Pep wanted Sterling and Otamendi and KDB? You don't think the EDS style of play was created based on how Pep would want players to be playing? And he might not have got all his big targets, but you can't blame failure on that, nobody gets everyone they want, your job is to coach what you have and get the best additionsyou can. We've certainly got better players than Everton.

What decisions have the FA been unfair to us in? Aguero deserved banning, so did Fernandinho both times.

And I always support the team, and I wouldn't boo a manager at this stage. Expressing concerns on here is completely different. I want the team to do well, we are not doing well and saying that we're fine is not helping any more than suggesting things that need improving.

We wouldn't have been beaten 4-0 if Fernandinho and Gundogan were playing. Very easy to say that but when your transfer strategy has been so poor over three-five years, when you lose two of your star men it has a massive effect.

We looked good at the start of the season against shite teams and a Utd team not in tune with Jose.

Once Celtic showed everyone how to beat us the fear factor went. We are still crap against decent opposition and we are far
Too open and defend like statues

On this you and I agree. I know people are upset but no City fan I know would talk this way....

" We will never win a competition with gaurdiola in charge he is too weak it's time to stop this mess while we can still save some face"

Save some face? When was saving face a big deal for blues?

I have had more skin grafts than they RAF pilots collected in WW2. Saving face? I barely had a face throughout the 60s!

We looked good at the start of the season against shite teams and a Utd team not in tune with Jose.

Once Celtic showed everyone how to beat us the fear factor went. We are still crap against decent opposition and we are far
Too open and defend like statues

Sorry to be picky but Celtic didn't beat us

Purely and simply we are looking absolutely dog-shite at the moment – and if truth be told, with the exception of a few games, have been since the Spurs defeat.
Early doors we looked fantastic – we had pace, counter-attacked with menace and purpose, and everyone was closing down the opposition when they had the ball to win it back... after the Spurs defeat it all went to pot!!!
We now look fucking clueless going forward, and our inability to defend is highly embarrassing... they had 4 shots on target today 4-fucking-shots, and scored all of them! Fuck knows what Pep saw in Bravo... so he can dribble a bit... whoop-de-doo... i'd rather a keeper that can save the ball first and foremost!!! But even this legendary skill on the ball is fucking suspect with the slightest pressure from the opposition... he may have been ok at Barca, but come on – they could put Stephen Hawking in net most matches and keep a clean sheet!!!
Pep said he doesn't teach defending – well he'd better get someone in who can... fucking sharpish!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.