May and the missile

That's the great thing about a nuclear deterrent like Trident. It gives you the ability to nuke anyone, anywhere in the world. The trouble is that you've no idea who or where that may be even when you actually fire it.

"Look Vlad, if you attack us we have the ability to wipe Moscow off the face of the earth. Or Rio, Addis Ababa, Singapore, Toronto...."
I did quite a bit of design work for Trident, the Russians can probably sleep easy at night ;-)

Hardly a story but sometimes politicians should just be more up front and less shifty/apologetic.

Like Maggie with the sinking of the Belgrano. Should just have said "Yeah we sank the cnut because it was in the exclusion zone."

As SWP suggests, though, it gives the opposition and its supporters something to suck their teeth about as they sink into oblivion.

That's the great thing about a nuclear deterrent like Trident. It gives you the ability to nuke anyone, anywhere in the world. The trouble is that you've no idea who or where that may be even when you actually fire it.

"Look Vlad, if you attack us we have the ability to wipe Moscow off the face of the earth. Or Rio, Addis Ababa, Singapore, Toronto...."

Minor details, PB, minor details.

Tests are there to show up any problems, good to find this out now instead of when it has to carry a warhead
was on the Ark Royal in 92 towing a target bout a mile behind us with the RAF about to take potshots at it, somehow the targeting computer clicked off the towed target and decided to stick a 28lb practice bomb into the flight deck
Christ. Was everyone ok?

Hardly a story but sometimes politicians should just be more up front and less shifty/apologetic.

Like Maggie with the sinking of the Belgrano. Should just have said "Yeah we sank the cnut because it was in the exclusion zone."

As SWP suggests, though, it gives the opposition and its supporters something to suck their teeth about as they sink into oblivion.
Grovel, bow, scrape, touch forelock.
Your deference and subservience is admirable.

You really are an anathema to me. Probably one of the most successful and intelligent people on here and far too nice and self deprecating. #bemorecunt like me and @Helmet Cole
I'm a **** in my spare time mate ;-)
Ps not sure about successful, I've not worked for two and a half years and live in a council flat, got some rich ex's mind :-(

Last edited:
Why would he?

How are you trying to make political capital out of this?
I'm not trying to make any capital out of it.
There was a failure in the test and yet this was not disclosed before the vote on Trident renewal.
Without going into the bullshit it's a 'secrecy vs transparency' issue and given all the circumstances of this test I'm in favour of the latter.
I don't give a fcuk about the opposition in this matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.