West Ham - Post match thread

Just watched the BBC interview with pep, Im glad he hit back at the interviewer for saying the West Ham mistakes lead to the goals, as it was our pressing that made the West Ham lads make the error. The stupid **** also called sane, mane.....ffs

Not sure you can say that the misplaced pass that led to the first goal was anything other than a bad mistake. But hey the way we punished that mistake was sublime!!

While Nevin is a bitter little fucker he may have a valid point. In a couple of months we will play Arsenal and Chelsea away within a few days. After that we will have a much clearer picture of where we stand within the context of the PL.

He does have a point, but that isn't the point, is it. It's the TOTAL imbalance and misrepresentation of the game, which is so disgusting.

And it's not even correct. Tactically it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT against West Ham. Will we set up the same against Chelsea away? Of course not.

I have often watched games where quality attacking players have been kicked a couple of times and then spend the rest of the game hiding. We've had a few. Elano being an obvious example.

Our front three were kicked all over the pitch throughout the game but they carried on playing with the same enthusiasm. Very encouraging.

It's like a boxer winning every round on points and therefore the match and then the analysis saying 'well he looked a bit sweaty in the latter rounds'.

Defending it is like saying 'well, he was sweaty though so he has a point'.

Both equally as dumb.

No, he is factually reporting what was said last night.

They wanted Jesus sent off for a second yellow that wasn't even a foul and he screamed that he was onside despite him clearly not being and lets not forget Glen at the end with others wanting a penalty for Kolarov's non handball in the wall.
My god your so sensitive. They are commentating on a game of football. A case could be made for handball against Kolorov ans that have been given for and against us. On balance it probably wasn't and the Ref got it right. Jesus was on a yellow and committed a foul and was in some danger of getting a second which was correctly pointed out by the lads but common sense prevailed and no card was issued. I think you really need to take off the blue tinted and get a grasp on reality.

Got back just before 4 and can't be arsed reading the whole thread.
Brilliant performance even allowing for Wet Spam being bloody awful. Four goals away from home and a notoriously leaky defence keeping a clean sheet has to be applauded.
We were unplayable in the first half and look like we should improve further one Jesus is fully settled.
And we have to find a way to integrate Sergio with two from Sterling, Sane and Jesus as he still has so much to offer.
Good turn out from Blues as well.
As for West Ham: They weren't very good were they? But at least the view from the front of the upper section was far better than the view we had from the back during the cup game.
Their fans to our left spent most of the game criticising our support but we too were loud when we were shit, and we got the usual "Where were you when you were shit?" as early as the first minute ffs. I think our poorest averages attendances compare quite well to their worst at the Boleyn Ground. And of course we're "just a shit man u&^ted" - Yup, the rags beat 10-man Wham 2-0 but we've won 5-0 and 4-0 against 11.
Sorry about that little rant but singing shite for 90 minutes doesn't make them great fans.
And Andy Carroll might have more success if he put as much effort into playing the game as he does into refereeing it.
We were the only team in the top six to take maximum points and now have to consolidate against Swansea and Bournemouth.
Hull's draw at the swamp and another episode of acting the twat from Maureen helped to complete the night.

My god your so sensitive. They are commentating on a game of football. A case could be made for handball against Kolorov ans that have been given for and against us. On balance it probably wasn't and the Ref got it right. Jesus was on a yellow and committed a foul and was in some danger of getting a second which was correctly pointed out by the lads but common sense prevailed and no card was issued. I think you really need to take off the blue tinted and get a grasp on reality.

He didn't commit a foul, a foul was given. There is a distinction. For Ian Darke to then get excited about it and start spouting rubbish about him getting sent off was just shite commentary. Even Mcpointy said there was no foul.

Actually, Jesus got a good toe on the ball. Even Hoddle pointed this out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.