One thing we are missing

He'd have to be subtle. They foul jesus and the thug has a quiet word. He tells them yes I'll walk but you will limp.... at best.
Football Is a very insular game,word will soon get round that if you to risk it at city you face the consequences.

I think we need somebody who could come on from the bench who looks like he wants to kill an opponent. He doesn't necessarily have to twat them. Arnautovic at Stoke comes to mind

I know there is more than one as in we need a keeper and 2 full backs but to me the main thing we are missing is a thug. It can be any out field player but we need a beast in the mould of that **** Keane or machrano,ramos even. Our kids along with Dave are getting kicked to fuck and they need protection. No good relying on the refs they are in on it. We need someone who will give it back. We are a lovely side to watch but we are too nice and too soft. We need a player that every other team fucking hate. Get one and we'll really be a top side.
Our present thug is Fernandhino of sorts.. look whats happened to him..

refs want any excuse tbh fella.

I know there is more than one as in we need a keeper and 2 full backs but to me the main thing we are missing is a thug. It can be any out field player but we need a beast in the mould of that **** Keane or machrano,ramos even. Our kids along with Dave are getting kicked to fuck and they need protection. No good relying on the refs they are in on it. We need someone who will give it back. We are a lovely side to watch but we are too nice and too soft. We need a player that every other team fucking hate. Get one and we'll really be a top side.

The way the refs stitch us up a 'thug' wouldn't last. I watched the EDS game last night and they had a full back - terrier of a player, mouthy to boot, who finally got booked late on after clearing Diaz out as he was sailing past him and down the touchline. The little shit started berating the ref and the ref started counting on his fingers. He got to three. Why the fuck wasn't he booked after the first or second one. He continued to argue for the rest of the game whenever there was a decision he didn't agree with. He was a cut down version of Skyrtl! And they had another who rather delighted in 'studs' up tackles. We had a couple of bookings but not after a string of infringements from the same player. One 'iffy' challenge and that was it!

We don't need an thug type enforcer - I'm not convinced they ever that important anyway. They just got away with the thuggery in the past. The real asset I think was their leadership, consistency and physical presence.

We just need a central midfielder who has a physical presence to never get pushed off the ball, will never be intimidated so is consistent no matter what the opposition or the situation, has perfect timing when tackling, drives forward when he has the ball, passes exceptionally well, is vocal, knows what to say and when, etc,etc. No nonsense but still a gentleman.

Basically a cross between Yaya and Kompany at their very best. The perfect central midfield captain.

If one is out there we should spend every thing on them but I doubt one will come along in my lifetime. Makes you realize how lucky we were to have Yaya and Kompany together in their prime.

Last edited:
Our present thug is Fernandhino of sorts.. look whats happened to him..

refs want any excuse tbh fella.

Fernandinho hasn't been unfairly treated. The second yellow at Dortmund was a bit soft but the referee had to do it because he'd just sent one of theirs off for a similarly soft foul.

He deserved the red vs Chelsea and Burnley.

Prior to that he'd been doing his discreet thuggery for 3 seasons and never seen a red card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.