Monaco post match

Think diniho will have to go in alongside yaya over there as there midfield was a bit quick for ours! Thought sterling was m.o.m looked dangerous and busy all night! Does anybody no the yellow card situation is any players suspended? Or on the brink?

Im pretty sure that should still be offside.

Mane is technically in an offside position because there's only the keeper between him and the goal. It doesn't matter if he's behind Aguero, because Aguero plays the ball forward, not backwards.

What a Match last night........on a lighter note they're having to explain the offside rule and when away goals count on Red Cafe

Who is this MANE guy?????.

Phew. Only just recovered. Insane night
Willy - Awful first half, to the point where people next to me were pining for bravo, but showed great character to bounce back with some important, if not spectacular saves.
Sagna - better at left back!
Stones - As with willy, jekyll and hyde. Arguably at fault for the goals, certainly the 3rd, but an important goal and brilliant defending late on.
Otamendi = Cannavaro - a brain. Shocking
Dinho - Struggled positionally, pep was right to sub him. Who said pep couldnt be pragmatic?
Toure - Struggled with the pace at times but was sublime on the ball.
Silva - Magician.
De Bruyne - Not his best, but still ok.
Sane - Amazing, if raw performance.
Sterling - Brilliant. Loves the champs league!
Aguero - Brilliant once he got his goal
Zabba - Hero

Ref - fuck off you bent c*nt

Mate, I can do one better. 47/1 Yes/No bet
City first goal in first 37 mins - YES
Monaco first goal in 73rd min or earlier - YES
City 2 or more yellow cards - YES
Will City make last sub - YES
Will there be 10 or more corners - YES

Will there be 4 or more mins of added time in 2nd half - YES

So that bent fucker of a ref only putting 3 mins on the board cost me £240.00
3 mins when there was 5 second half goals and 4 subs?

Tosser.

Double bastards.

Had a little half time/full time though so not all bad.

Having watched the goals last night and again this morning we didn't do much wrong for their goals. Yes, we could have got tighter to the ex Rag for his header, but Dihno was all over the place; he isn't a Left Back so we can give him a bit of slack here. Otamendi and Stones made errors. The second goal for the Rag I though he eased Stones to the ground as he was off balance more than Stones dived in; very clever forward play and immensely difficult to defend against. He made up for it with the goal though, and never hid all night.

Our goals were all good. Aguero was in danger of getting hooked at HT, but he came out in the second half a different player. He practically ran the show. Once Zabba came on we just clicked into gear.

Aguero pen? Nailed on.

Otamendi challenge? Not 100%; probably penalty, but why did it take so long? Same official that kept his hands in his pocket when Aguero was felled obviously plucked up the courage to open his mouth. Definitely something suspicious going on there.

Willy? 100% not his fault for their headed goal. Dhino should have anticipated the out ball, and we would have been away up the field. Unfortunately he was caught sleeping, and subsequently they scored. Penalty save? Not the best pen in the world, but he held on to it and changed the outcome of the game; at 1-3, we are dead and buried.

Over all a good win against an incredibly fast attacking team.
If it was bravo everyone would be baying for his blood for the first 2 goals

Aguero was on fire second half....his mojo has been building in the last couple of games and he had it nearly all the way there tonight....got a bit of luck with the first goal, should have had a penalty......great volley for the second and the 5th goal...what football that was.....that pass by silva was majestic and sergios first touch and quick lay off was amazing

Zabba - really settled us when he came on - but what did he get so wound up about...I konw silva had been fouled but he ref gave it....not sure why zabba was so upset.....

both centre halves had a mare tonight.....stones needs to be better one on one...stupid thing is that 5 mins after the falco goal (what a finish that was) he had a similar situation but ont he opposite side of the pitch and he stood up and used strength to lever the player off the ball....thats all he had to do with falco......poor from him on that one...

Otto - bloody infuriating player -great at times....absolutely awful at others.

Willy - shouldnt be overlooked...his saves were as important as the goals

Sterling impressive as was Sane (needs to stick a foot in at times though) - sane could have had one right at the end...great run and movement but poor touch...I hate to say this but his movement/athleticism reminds me of fake ronaldo at times when he first started out (not as much sho boating as that prick though!)

Not sure ferna works on the left...he was better at right back but not so sure he does at left....but he aint helped by the elft sided centre half either.

Silva - the most underrated player in the world for me........again he absolutely ran the game. Its a privilege to watch him play for us.

Been saying the same thing for a while about Sane, he has all the attributes to be as good as Ronaldo

It's not 100% at all. Watch it on TV. Keeper gets the ball first but then takes out Aguero. Keepers seem to be able to take a forward out if they get a bit of the ball. To my mind that is still a foul. It's not a dive, but it's not clear cut. The ref actually got most things right. What he got wrong was booking Aguero.

People watching slomos on tv is the problem. It's bollocks.

He came flying out, to stop Aguero & fucking nailed him. Why people are even bothering to debate this, is baffling. Even the French know & admit, it's a pen. The keeper knew it, he was apologising to Aguero, Rio Ferdinand & Gerrard knew it & the only top side in the world who wouldn't get that pen in a big home game, is us.

Crazy bad defending ? Yep but it's games like that why people go and watch football
Just enjoy what you got to see last night lads and lassies cos that was some game

Just remembered the French Journalist they interviewed on BT before the game sounding all smug, "Monaco are the entertainers of Europe.....highest goal scorers in Europe.... best team in France.. far superior to PSG... fantastic record against English sides... blah blah".

Yeah, they weren't too bad mate.

How do you feel this morning?

Brilliant game I'm sure its all been covered, what had me beaming away from the excitement of a basketball style game was Sergio doing his bit all over the field. Shows that he wants to play for this team and fight . I'm pretty sure he saw his arse when young Jesus rocked up, had a sulk and now has hoisted his britches and decided to give Pep something of a headache.
Mercenary argie cnt ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.