It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon maffeo and heinrichs will be right back options and kolarov and a new left back the other side.
Kolarov is a CB. I don't think he'll be used at fullback if we can help it. He is a net negative at fullback and a huge positive at CB.

I'd say he is a CB. :-)

Ah sorry, got too excited by the first post to read both pages!

He's a really good looking prospect, plays both left and right back, has the same sort of graceful speed and strength as Sané IMO - makes things look easy.

With all due respect to both Zab and Sagna, we are finally getting a RB who as you have said looks graceful, looks way more athletic and it allows him to be more flexible on the ball rather than rigid like zab and Sagna and especially with Sagna it means he either goes backwards or forwards ( mostly backwards )

With all due respect to both Zab and Sagna, we are finally getting a RB who as you have said looks graceful, looks way more athletic and it allows him to be more flexible on the ball rather than rigid like zab and Sagna and especially with Sagna it means he either goes backwards or forwards ( mostly backwards )
Zab is actually not rigid. He is pretty good all round fullback who aged. But yes we need a smooth playing fullback.

The guy Domalino wants doesn't fit the bill though.

Yeah, I feel our upper managements attitude to fullbacks is rather dated. IMO, particularly under Pep, they have to be the best footballers on the pitch. The ideal Guardiola fullback is a player who can play CB, central midfield, and on the wing to a champions league standard - that's a bloody small pool of players!

Pep's got Larry in his corner, but will Isla also be there?

* Only Daily Mail crossword addicts need apply

Isla and Larry?

550x298_Isla-Fisher-preparing-for-a-very-busy-few-years-with-plenty-of-new-movies-1964.jpg

larry_david.jpg

Can is actually not rigid. He is pretty good all round fullback who aged. But yes we need a smooth playing fullback.

The guy Domalino wants doesn't fit the bill though.

Ha! He certainly fits it much better than Zinchenko!

Why is that? I thought Fabinho had switched to defensive midfield this season and done very well there.
If Dahoud is right, then he would play there, Fabinho as a right back tucking into midfield in possession would be my guess. Who knows though really, well Pep might I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.