City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I'm sure Bluekiwi (the other poster you quoted) wishes as I do that I could afford the time and the money to fly back to Blitey more often.
Spot on with your comments idahoblues - before we migrated to NZ in 1974 we never , ever , left before the end of a game even though it meant pushing through the crowds and walking fast / running to get to Moss Sde bus depot for our 'only' football special bus home.

Spot on with your comments idahoblues - before we migrated to NZ in 1974 we never , ever , left before the end of a game even though it meant pushing through the crowds and walking fast / running to get to Moss Sde bus depot for our 'only' football special bus home.
Apparently we're just gloryhunting, plaque owning wannabees living 500 miles from Manchester, not real supporters

Apparently we're just gloryhunting, plaque owning wannabees living 500 miles from Manchester, not real supporters
Yep, I've got quite a few plaques on my wall "Man City's No.1 Fan"; "Man City Fan Parking Only"; et al. And in terms of gloryhunting I have a picture of El Magico and myself standing on the pitch at the Etihad!! My wardrobe has a rack of City shirts; my bookcase has a shelf full of City books and a filing cabinet drawer packed with newspaper articles, etc.
And finally, both our kids were named after players/managers.

Oh I forgot - red is banned from our house / cars etc.

I did a bit of work for the devils own spawn a few years back and be it Wednesday night or a Sunday afternoon I was amazed at the streams, and I mean streams, of 'fans' leaving 15 mins from the end!
Can't call anyone the hypocrites!

In my mind, whilst the poor transport infrastructure does and always will play a part in fans leaving early, I also think what's being dished out on the pitch also plays a major part. I don't mean in individual matches, but generally.

Saturday had the feeling of an end of season game to me, with another season of promise ultimately ending in disappointment. This year has been particularly disappointing given the hype around Guardiola. Three years on the trot we are playing for minor honours, with this season being particularly disappointing given that we are out of the running for the title and have been dumped out of the CL already. And given the way things have gone, can you really see this lot raising their game to win the cup? I can't but obviously I hope I'm wrong.

It's called people trying to justify pissing off early mate.

Some of our fans always have an excuse and are getting dipper 'never our fault', 'always the victim' syndrome.

I live 6 miles from the ground so am home in a reasonable time anyway. My lad travels from Oxford and on night games he'll drive up and then after the game ENDS back down, then up for work in the morning at 6.00.

A small percentage of fans will have to be off early and of course everyone has the right to do whatever they want but it's not for me this must get home culture, I'm at the footie, win, lose or draw. If getting home before the traffic was that important every game I'd not bother.

It's called people trying to justify pissing off early mate.

Some of our fans always have an excuse and are getting dipper 'never our fault', 'always the victim' syndrome.

I live 6 miles from the ground so am home in a reasonable time anyway. My lad travels from Oxford and on night games he'll drive up and then after the game ENDS back down, then up for work in the morning at 6.00.

A small percentage of fans will have to be off early and of course everyone has the right to do whatever they want but it's not for me this must get home culture, I'm at the footie, win, lose or draw. If getting home before the traffic was that important every game I'd not bother.
I think it's partly related to the modern trend of wanting things instantly, somehow many fans seem to expect that 55,000 people can just be dispersed in no time at all.

One of the many reasons I'm glad I'm not a rag is that getting away from that place is far worse than the Etihad, even though they appear to have better access roads - the last time I drove to a swamp derby it took me well over an hour just to get back to the M60.

That's because Anfield still feels like you are going to a football match.

The Etihad is a corporate soulless fake cheese fest that is in operation to take your money and give you a false football experience.

Anfield is football, Etihad is soccer.

a very high proportion of Liverpool supporters would disagree with that statement.

Yep, I've got quite a few plaques on my wall "Man City's No.1 Fan"; "Man City Fan Parking Only"; et al. And in terms of gloryhunting I have a picture of El Magico and myself standing on the pitch at the Etihad!! My wardrobe has a rack of City shirts; my bookcase has a shelf full of City books and a filing cabinet drawer packed with newspaper articles, etc.
And finally, both our kids were named after players/managers.

Oh I forgot - red is banned from our house / cars etc.
Bloody glory hunter! ;-))

The only plaque I've got is on my teeth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.