It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
A previous poster was right. If a player costs a fortune then he gets not time before the media and fans are on his back. Whereas if he costs a reasonable amount the lad gets time to settle in.

If he is good enough and has the mentality we have a player on our hands Sane big fee young settled in and been great.

He also fails to notice the fact that Spurs haven't won a fucking thing.
True , though I think most would say that this season and last have been successful for Spurs almost certainly qualifying for the CL twice and they have a very good young team, which if they manage to keep it together and hold onto their manager may well bring them trophies.

There is no longevity in the success of Leicester City - a team which actually lived well outside of their means in the two seasons leading to their league win - and Spurs have fuck all to show for all the promise they seem to display season after season; the league's greatest 'almost' merchants.

Why the fuck would we want to be like them?

People are far too impatient with the academy and maybe that's because of the lack of talent that has come through since the takeover but I get the feeling that half of you would pick a team of players based on their birthplace rather than their actual ability.

We have the talent in our academy and they will get their chance when the time is right but we shouldn't ignore the resources we have for the sake of crowbarring in a couple of local teenagers. Make no mistake, Leicester, Spurs and any other club in the league would kill for those resources.

I mean, other than an opportunity to piss on the parade (which you rarely miss) what reasons do you have to be sceptical of City signing those two players?
It's not pissing on the parade.

People can be as sceptical as others are excitable, without the sarky comments. Fuck me, does everyone have to think the sun shine's out everyone's arse or something?

Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Mbappe and Sanchez is an unhappy dressing room waiting to happen, it's not feasible to keep all 5 happy. The players themselves will wonder why it's best to go from starting XI to rotation. Never mind potentially Aguero staying, De Bruyne and Silva still looking a spot on the pitch and the likes of Roberts looking a crack.

One of the two, arguably we need (if Aguero left) but both is neigh on fantasy.

Where as City have won the league twice, an FA Cup and the league cup twice.

I wouldn't swap the last six years so I could swing a dick showing how our net transfer spend is tiny like some sort of football hipster. I also wouldn't swap our coming five years with theirs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.