It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to see a press briefing in the next few days about how pissed off Guardiola is with how completely shit this season has been, and how the transfer window is going to make waves.

We've not improved since January, in fact I don't think we've had a great performance against competent opposition since the first Arsenal game, and as a fan it would be nice to hear that everyone at the club is as angry as the fans are.

If he's only spending 3 years here, then he needs to start winning pretty much everything pretty damn quickly to have been worth the 3 year wait plus complete reorganisation of the club that happened in order to get him here, and I'm saying that as probably one of the biggest Pep fans on here.

He isn't only staying three years.

Never mind we have a thread from @tolmie's hairdoo stating he's extending at the end of the year, it's obvious Pep isn't leaving til the job is done.

I agree with your overall sentiment though: he should have carte blanche with this team to move on, replace and bring in who he wants and needs.

I am fairly confident that if Kun left and was played in a system that was actually set around his strengths he'd be scoring for fun.

The implication being that the current system doesn't. Except that has nothing to do with Aguero's career low conversion rate this season.

Nobody is really scoring goals for fun at City right now, despite the fact we create more goal scoring opportunities per game than almost every team in the league. That's not all Kun's fault, but he's a part of it. I love Silva, Sterling and KDB to bits, but they aren't ruthless in front of goal and ultimately we need we need a squad, including bench options, of technically gifted players who also have a tremendous capacity to bury any chances that arise.

We're an absolute mess. It's far, far worse than I thought. Fullbacks, keeper, DM are priority number #1 and then what's next? We need to replace Kun and I'm not happy with our midfield AT ALL. This 'false 8' doesn't play to Kev's strengths and exposes some weaknesses. He's had a down year by all accounts and he's still our most important player. I think we could survive a Silva injury but not one from Kevin. That injury in the everton game last year almost cost us our CL spot. His final ball is much superior and we know our fullbacks, and forwards aren't creating anything (outside of raz). Dave's adapted to the role to be fair but I feel like somthings missing. I might be in the minority with that, which I accept. Gundogan is a wildcard and a solid third choice but we're an injury away from being up shits creek if we don't bring in an Isco or Bernardo Silva type and Bernardo is never going to happen :(

We need FB, FB, GK, and yaya/fern's replacement 100%. I've done a complete 180 on isco or somebody of his caliber. Going into the season with Kev, Gundogan, Silva, and (fern + delph) as the fourth option has disaster written all over it. I haven't even added in sancez/mbappe which is desperately needed. CB isn't a priority for me at all if money is a factor, which I doubt it would be.

Some right balloons on this thread! We need new full backs - we have known this for some time but the lack of standout options has left us where we are. Bravo has not worked out but I don't think we should criticise pep for trying to put his stamp on the team and the way we play. Some decent players in those 3 positions and with everyone fit we have a great squad.

Would be nice to see a press briefing in the next few days about how pissed off Guardiola is with how completely shit this season has been, and how the transfer window is going to make waves.

We've not improved since January, in fact I don't think we've had a great performance against competent opposition since the first Arsenal game, and as a fan it would be nice to hear that everyone at the club is as angry as the fans are.

If he's only spending 3 years here, then he needs to start winning pretty much everything pretty damn quickly to have been worth the 3 year wait plus complete reorganisation of the club that happened in order to get him here, and I'm saying that as probably one of the biggest Pep fans on here.

Pep isn't going anywhere. I'll say with almost 100% confidence that he'll be here a minimum of 5 years. There's the rumored two year extension that's in the papers. There's the 30 minute interview with chappy where he said that ownership has indicated that they'd like to have him for as long as he wishes to stay and he seemed pleased with that. There was the recent inside city that showed him talking/playing with that golfer and he was raving about how awesome the academy and facilities were. There's his ego/legacy. I've also got a feeling that GJ was given reassurances from Pep that he intends to be here for the long haul and I'm sure the same conversation has happened with MBappes father. Who knows though, all that adds up to a believable story to me.

We'll be fine. It's a long process and it just so happens that we're not as far along as we thought we'd be. If we we're ever going to reorganize then we did it at the perfect time I think. We we're able to build the squad that won us so many titles because we agreed to pay the wages that made them unsellable. We're paying the piper for that now. Personally, I couldn't be happier with the direction of the club. We're doing it the right way...playing for the long term. 4-4-2 was antiquated. Almost every team that wins is winning with some variation of CR/Karim/Bale and M/S/N. There's different class levels. Ribbery/ Lewa / Robben is tier 2 and probably the reason why they're the third best team. You can have amazing success with only two of them as well. Leicster ripped it off the PL with Mahrez/Vardy. Chelsea did it with Costa and Hazard. I don't follow france or italy but I recon Juve and PSG are running their shittier version of it. Arsenal tried with Girgoud/Alexis/walcott! The problem with that is you need scoring/assisting balance with all three. Sterling/Sane/Kun haven't done enough this year. Is that on Kun? I'm not sure. I suspect it's a big part. The midfield? You'd have thought that our midfield of KDB/Silva/Yaya would be perfectly fine but our midfield has be nervous going into next year.

I couldn't be happier with where we are at and the direction of the club. We scooped up Sane, Sterling, Gabriel, and I'm wishing for mbappe so we're stocking up on the golden boys of the next era. They'll need a few years to develop and we'll need a few years rebuilding our squad anyway. Our academy will start producing by that time as well. I think our ascension will start next year but it still might be too soon to expect multiple trophies or deep CL runs.

Yeah but how many should he have got on top of that?

He should have scored a lot more, but @nellyonthewing 's jibe about how he would be doing well if he just played in a system which suited him looks pretty silly when you look at how many goals he's getting and the fact this is probably going to be his highest scoring season ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.