The French Presidential Election

True, like you that injustice this afternoon is weighing heavier on my mind than the French election.
I'v been to France a few times and the only ones i'v got a smidgen of time for are the Normans, the rest are not worth us lot arguing over they just want to fuck us over ....like Clichy....no thats a bit harsh on the lad....time for bed methinks

They claimed a few weeks ago that Le Pen gets funded by Russia. They may have had a whole programme dedicated it to it actually if I remember right.
Now I might be wrong here, but I seem to think that that's factually true to a degree.

IIRC, she got a loan from.a Russian bank as the French refused to deal with her Party

Seem to remember hearing the same thing about Trump.

The problem Le Pen has is that most of the people who voted for the likes of Melanchon and Hamon will vote Macron now so Le Pen doesn't get in.

Even a lot of Fillon voters will vote Macron to prevent Le Pen getting in.

Projection from the Times for the final round is:
Macron 63%
Le Pen 37%
Based presumably on the not unreasonable assumption that most of Fillon, Melenchon and Benon's votes will go to Macron.
Fingers crossed.

I'm bigoted against the French. I don't know why, possibly because I read a lot of history as a young kid and the French were often "the baddies" against the British.

I also feel that two countries who have spent the best part of a thousand years in varying states of war with each other won't just cleanse that culturally in a hundred years or so. I often find the French Government arrogant in their attitude towards Britain, and think they look down their noses at us.

It's weird that I think this. Especially because my experience with French people has never been anything but positive and one of the people I respect the most online lives in Paris. I fear this is probably what old racists feel like.

Several years living and working all over France should get rid of your historical mistrust of the people. They too have a healthy disliking of their establishment/politicians and authority. They will happily take on their government when they feel they're getting shafted (something we seem to have given up on).
If you see them as 'baddies' because of historical wars then i wonder if you feel the same about the other half of the world we fought against for hundreds of years?

His speech contained the phrase "New France" numerous times. Watch him get elected and send troops into Syria holding Shitgibbons pole.
Best they resort to what they know and surrender before it gets too dangerous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.