General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't deny that the vote went the Leave way and as mush as that dismayed me as a Remainer what will be will be and its about making the best of it. I would NEVER promote the idea that we keep voting until we get the "correct" decision. However I just see banks moving functions abroad - car makers now hedging their bets on assertions made before the vote ( eg Nissan and Toyota have said that staying in the UK is dependant on HM Govt spending £100+ on improving THEIR supply chain ) - Trump telling Merkel - a woman he can't stand - that the EU ( market of 600m people to trade into? ) will get preference over the UK ( a market of 60m to trade into ) are all early signs that we just aren't the major player you think we are. Sorry.
Typical remainer under playing our hand again,how about a market of 507 million soon to be a market of 442 million and the UK buys more the half the countries in it put together. Wait till the May Queen asks for a contribution towards the UK economy from the EU to allow them access to a UK free market where they make a fair amount of money.

Just watching Newsnight and they are in Wrexham showing their left wing bias by only showing interviews with anti-Corbyn voters. Funny thing is when one was asked she started to call Thresa May Vanessa May. It was also pointed out that the constituency voted Leave probably because of the changes in the are- illustrated by a shot of a Polish shop. Funny I thought as I remember how in North Wales they have always been renowned for their welcoming of incomers particularly those with holiday homes ha ha

"We are following the instruction given to us by the recent referendum held by the British Public to leave the EU"

everyone else -"But what does that MEAN exactly....?"

Erm, to leave the European Union... That was what was on the ballot paper. All this talk of how we leave, to what extent do we leave, what does leaving mean? These are questions, no barriers, that the pro EU remainers have conjugated to make the discussion much more complicated than it was intended to be to complicate matters more than they needed to in order to delay or even derail the process of leaving.

We're leaving the golf club. "Ah but what does that MEAN? Do we still get use of the country club parking space? Can we bring the wife and kids every third weekend? Do we still have access to the bar?" No we're just no longer members of the golf club and all the benefits it provided. If we do want any kind of access to the benefits then we're going to negotiate for them and if it's not applicable, we walk away and make do as need be. Simple as.

That kind of shit has been frsutrating people for months, so this is the elected governments position; do you trust in us, or do you want someone else to lead the negotations, inkeeping with the national attitude towards what they want Brexit to mean.
Err yes we are leaving the club, but which facilities do we wish to retain access to and how much are we prepared to pay and what obligations will we agree to?
And what are the consequences of walking away ( at least 17 years of economic hardship if your previous post is to be believed).
You are prepared to give the reMAYner a blank cheque on all these issues.
However...........( to be continued on the Article 50 thread).

Is that why she called the snap election though?

She called it to address the concerns raised by Labour, Lib Dems and the SNP about not being given a a mandate to pursue a hard brexit.

It smacks of desperation to include a few "oh and by the ways" in regards to her parties performance in power, regardless of people's criticisms of it in respect to everything people have highlighted, education, healthcare, migration etc. This snap election was absolutely called to address the brexit/no mandate criticism and nothing else. If other parties who oppose the Conservatives with to highlight those concerns they are free to do so, however, given the motives of the snap election being called I doubt it will hold sway with many of the electorate, especially those they intend to switch their vote from Conservative to Labour/SNP, which is the apparent objective.

I'm an (occasional) Labour voter and I want to hear Labour's vision for Britain leaving the EU, not how they will 'save the NHS'. Brexit is the key issue; avoiding it or giving it second billing will turn many people off Labour.

so she wants to rerun the referendum then? Being PM is about governing the whole of the country for 5 years - she is interviewing for a 2 year temps job when the contract on offer is a 5 year one with a borader remit.

Typical remainer under playing our hand again,how about a market of 507 million soon to be a market of 442 million and the UK buys more the half the countries in it put together. Wait till the May Queen asks for a contribution towards the UK economy from the EU to allow them access to a UK free market where they make a fair amount of money.

I dunno mate - ask Trump why he prefers a 10x bigger market? 44% or near as dammit is the amount of our trade with the EU. Do you really think our exporters will survive the shock if thats cut off? I would say typical Leaver but won't - oddly enough I hope I am wrong but really cannot see this ending well. Will be interesting to see how this develops as the year goes on and the EU reveals its hand but there are few positive signals coming from there and a Macron win in France isn't likely to help us.

Err yes we are leaving the club, but which facilities do we wish to retain access to and how much are we prepared to pay and what obligations will we agree to?
And what are the consequences of walking away ( at least 17 years of economic hardship if your previous post is to be believed).
You are prepared to give the reMAYner a blank cheque on all these issues.
However...........( to be continued on the Article 50 thread).
Which facilities we want to retain? Well, none. That's the point of leaving.

We'll negotiate what relationship an Independent UK wants with the EU AFTER we have left completely. Ending all payments towards the EU budget, acceptance of SIngle Market access laws, laws in general, the whole bureaucratic mess. Over.

We'll either trade with the EU or we don't. That is the maximum scope of relationship I want us to have with the EU. Are the Labour Party offering that scenario? Yes? No? If not you know where my vote will be heading. The vote I made and the decision that was reached on June 23rd 2016 has not yet been concluded satisfactorily to what I expected as a result of my vote being cast. The party that honours and upholds it will receive my backing in this snap election.

It's not just about Brexit though is it? The Tories are running our schools into the ground, grinding the NHS into dust, ready to be sold on, record numbers of people using food banks, record levels of child poverty. Disabled and vulnerable people being deprived of essential services and care, anybody who cheats the government out of benefits is hounded like a criminal, yet bankers and companies who cheat the tax man out of millions, are let off.
Prices are rocketing up, this country is in a fucking disgrace, people are being turned against each other by lies and manipulation of the government and Tory backed media.
The only reason May has called this snap election ( even though she promised she wouldn't ) is because there are 30 Tory MP's are about to be charged for electoral fraud and will be banned from sitting in the House, thus removing Tory parliamentary majority, she's hoping that the election comes first.

Its a tough decision isn't it, voting for a party who wants to save the NHS, tackle tax avoidance, housing issues, child poverty, or one that wants to screw everybody who isn't a rich wanker into dust while aligning themselves with Saudia Arabia. But no, carry on believing the Tory propaganda pumped out by, yes you guessed it, Tory backed newspapers and media outlets.
Well said mate,so true.

so she wants to rerun the referendum then? Being PM is about governing the whole of the country for 5 years - she is interviewing for a 2 year temps job when the contract on offer is a 5 year one with a borader remit.
No, she's giving the British electorate the opportunity to state their intent as to which political party they want to see enact Article 50 which has now become law by royal assent.

Some parties might be more enthusiastic than others, but they still have to invoke it unless they call for a repealment which receives the backing of the majority of Parliament.

I dunno mate - ask Trump why he prefers a 10x bigger market? 44% or near as dammit is the amount of our trade with the EU. Do you really think our exporters will survive the shock if thats cut off? I would say typical Leaver but won't - oddly enough I hope I am wrong but really cannot see this ending well. Will be interesting to see how this develops as the year goes on and the EU reveals its hand but there are few positive signals coming from there and a Macron win in France isn't likely to help us.
Britain will survive mate we're good at it, nobody thinks its going to be sunshine and roses but do you seriously think we won't export to Europe and import for them as well,money talks in Europe and they do profit substantially from the UK.I agree we'll have to expand export markets but as regards imports what do we import from Europe that can't be sourced elsewhere on planet earth, often cheaper.

No, she's giving the British electorate the opportunity to state their intent as to which political party they want to see enact Article 50 which has now become law by royal assent.

Some parties might be more enthusiastic than others, but they still have to invoke it unless they call for a repealment which receives the backing of the majority of Parliament.

meantime health, education, transport and so on just aren't an issue for 2 years then they start to formulate a plan? I am sure you are right in your interpretation of what May wants to do but if people vote for that then they get what they deserve. Crap services and higher taxes. Not that May will admit nor discuss that in the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.