Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel as though a lot of people's memories are a bit forgetful re Aguero and his injuries.

This season is probably the best run he's had since his first season at the club. How long will it last? Who knows. However, I don't think we should be left in a position where he picks up an injury and we're left with Jesus as our only option - if Kelechi leaves as expected.

Sanchez would be a brilliant signing and cover us in many positions.

I feel as though a lot of people's memories are a bit forgetful re Aguero and his injuries.

This season is probably the best run he's had since his first season at the club. How long will it last? Who knows. However, I don't think we should be left in a position where he picks up an injury and we're left with Jesus as our only option - if Kelechi leaves as expected.

Sanchez would be a brilliant signing and cover us in many positions.

totally agree, pep will like the fact that sanchez is comfortable down the sides and central so can be used in a variety of positions

Exactly. We have still get the team balance right and signing another attacker is not going to help with that.

How can people say shit like this?

We have 2 wingers. TWO! Navas and Nolito are leaving.

You want them to play 60 games each a season?'

Another winger is the minimum we need to keep the attack balanced.

I'd buy Sanchez and bring back Roberts. We're going to be playing over 60 games and we have to factor injuries and fatigue. Sanchez is an absolute must.

But out of those 6, we play 5 at any one moment. So there's really not much depth there. If just one of them is injured, that's where we end up with Navas and Nolito etc flattering to deceive. We either buy another attacker or decide that Roberts/Diaz are ready to be part of the squad. I guess that will be decided in the US when he gets another in-depth look at the kids.

I agree that we may need to add another winger/forward/striker if even Aguero stays.
But I believe we will be badly exposed if we play 5 out of our 6 best attacking players away from home and against the stronger outfits in the league. De Bruyne or Sterling may have to make way for someone like Gundogan.

...And I guess you could make the argument that we should perhaps be more realistic with our expectations for Jesus next season. Whilst he's made a fantastic start to his City career, he's only just turned 20.

I am not strongly supportive of signing Sanchez as Arsenal will inevitably demand a lot to even consider selling their best player to a rival club, and he does turn 29 later this year.

If we are to spend a vast sum of money on a striker in the summer, I would prefer someone like Mbappe.

The arguments seem to come hot-off-the-heels of last night. My feeling is that our performance was top drawer, but that doesn't mean we should be out on Sanchez. Pep alluded to as much in the post-match interview. Cover is needed for injuries, suspensions or just plain old loss of form. Sometimes KDB is off, sometimes it's Aguero, sometimes Sane and often Sterling. Behind them, is a wafer thin bench with little option available, particularly a match-winner who is arguably among the best in the PL like Sanchez.

His 26 goals and 13 assists this season is the best around, by a measure. He's proven at the highest level. He would improve us immeasurably and the issues of "keeping him or others happy" is for Pep to wrestle with. If he wants him, and he wants to come, then we should get him.

If we are to spend a vast sum of money on a striker in the summer, I would prefer someone like Mbappe.

I mean, there could be £80-100m difference in price between Sanchez and Mbappe. With as many transfer targets as we have in other positions (GK, 2 LB, CB, 2 RB, DM etc) Sanchez would be the more realistic option by a measure.

Aged 28, going into his 4th consecutive summer tournament along with his robust style of play. £50m fee...

It's mad to think some people wouldn't have him he's world class don't care what anyone says...

The bench this season was terrible at times. We need to improve our squad. Sanchez is a quality proven player in this league and he works his socks off perfect for Pep.

Again we have the likes of Sane, Sterling, Gabriel Jesus on our books (along with Kun currently being our main man). If we didn't have any of them on our books then the Sanchez signing would make more sense. Besides that we have a few loanees who can fill the squad spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.