Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts may be given a chance ( he will be part of the US summer tour) and would be the cheaper squad option and leaves more money for areas that need immediate attention.

The wings do need immediate attention.

Roberts is a bonus, if he plays well he can come in, play some games on the wing or in the 10 role and that'd be great, but you don't pass up an opportunity to sign one of the best players in the league, in a position you need, from a rival.

I can't believe there's even a debate to be honest. I thought people were against him replacing Sergio, which I understood, I can't believe there's anyone left who just doesn't want a world class player to come into a position we need another player in.

Mbappe will be a world record fee, north of £100m.

It's anyone's guess how much Sanchez will go for, but it's probably in the region of £30-50m.

That's a pretty big difference for one player, I think you'd agree, and the additional spend could handcuff us in other expenditures.

Whilst this is pure conjecture on my part, I would be somewhat surprised if any team in the world would be willing to pay over £100m for Mbappe right now.

Coincidentally, I believe we would need to part with a similar amount to sign both Walker and Sanchez this summer.

The problem is with Sanchez being a squad player. He cause more problems than it will solve.

No it isn't, there's more than enough games to go around and keep 3 players happy.

In your opinion then yes. There will be problems with having Sanchez around (especially with the players we have currently got on our books) we would have to move either Sane, Sterling, Jesus or Aguero on to accommodate. It will be the same if we sign the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, Messi.

Last edited:
In your opinion then yes. There will be problems with having Sanchez around (especially with the players we have currently got on our books) we would have to move either Sane, Sterling, Jesus or Aguero on. It will be the same if we sign the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, Messi.

It really won't. 3 players for 2 wing positions. Everyone will be happy.

Did you see Sané against Middlesbrough? Or how we couldn't beat Stoke at home because Sterling had to be rested because he was exhausted. It's physically not possible for 2 guys to do the incredible amount of pressing and running Pep wants on the wing for 9 months straight.

Sané missed 3 months of this season, if that happens again, do you want Sterling and Roberts playing 3x a week every week for 3 months?

Aguero has been injury free this year, but what if it's a one off, and he misses 8 weeks - do you want Jesus having to play 3x a week up front for a considerable portion of the season?

Or how about just having some firepower on the bench, whether it's Sterling/Sané or Sanchez, to come on and make a difference in a big game or break down the parked bus at home?

We're talking about a guy with 23 goals and 10 assists in the league alone this year, I can't fathom how anyone could actually oppose him signing for us - and not to mention the fact that if he doesn't go to us, there's a very high chance he ends up at Chelsea instead, which would be a disaster. I wonder how many of their fans are against the idea of him signing because it might make Willian unhappy?

As a squad option Sanchez (he did that at Barcelona and he strikes me as being wanting to be top dog) or any of our attacking talent will not be happy playing second fiddle at our club. To be honest I prefer sticking to what we have got, there is room for improvement (especially the younger players) but have shown that they are more than capable of pushing the club to another level.

As a squad option Sanchez (he did that at Barcelona and he strikes me as being wanting to be top dog) or any of our attacking talent will not be happy playing second fiddle at our club. To be honest I prefer sticking to what we have got, there is room for improvement (especially the younger players) but have shown that they are more than capable of pushing the club to another level.

One more player is needed. We are to light to challenge on all front currently.

I get both your points by having an extra world class player in the squad but it causes more problem than it solves. Carlos Tevez being prime example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.