Rate this season

6. We were expected to win the league but in the end were a long way off. We played good football up to a point but played like mugs at either end of the pitch for the middle part of the season. Season rescued by emergence of Sane in the New year, the recovery of Kompany who made City solid again at the back, and the purchase of Jesus who added a cutting edge to City's forward line.

If we were to start the season now, I'd expect to finish closer to Chelsea and Spurs, but be very wary of injury to Kompany.

7.5/10 had some poor matches but if the refs had been fair, some big decisions gone our way and we had scored half the chances we bloody missed it all could have been different. also at times the team clicked with how pep wants to play and if we add some world class full backs then we could be in for something very special! onwards and upwards

7/10
Disappointing we couldn't do anything more in the champions league or reach the final of the FA cup; but some of the football we played was excellent considering the ageing squad over the season :)

I have seen more MCFC football this season than ever from First Team, through the EDS and Academy to MCWFC and it has been pretty fantastic. The women have made up for the men's lack of a trophy, and it's a bit of a downer that the youth team are runners up for the third season in a row, but overall I'm gonna give it a 9. The football has been pretty fantastic.

5. Poor at best.we got the bare minimum. You'd have to expect more from this squad with this manager. With our money and 2 transfer windows we should not be scrapping for 4th on the last game of the season. We tossed away 2 trophies along the way. The referees have a lot to answer for but I can't see that changing,what I do expect is pep now knows the score and will play our strongest 11 to combat the cheating.
The dead wood have gone so the hard work upgrading starts now,which a 3rd place finish will help.

First job a new keeper.

Last edited:
5. Poor at best.we got the bare minimum. You'd have to expect more from this squad with this manager. With our money and 2 transfer windows we should be scrapping for 4th on the last game of the season. We tossed away 2 trophies along the way. The referees have a lot to answer for but I can't see that changing,what I do expect is pep now knows the score and will play our strongest 11 to combat the cheating.
The dead wood have gone so the hard work upgrading starts now,which a 3rd place finish will help.

First job a new keeper.
Totally agree.
My expectations for next season are at least a major trophy and a proper challenge for the prem.

5. Poor at best.we got the bare minimum. You'd have to expect more from this squad with this manager. With our money and 2 transfer windows we should not be scrapping for 4th on the last game of the season. We tossed away 2 trophies along the way. The referees have a lot to answer for but I can't see that changing,what I do expect is pep now knows the score and will play our strongest 11 to combat the cheating.

First job a new keeper.

How many of the matches have yer watched, Bill, where yer kept yer eyes closed for 89 mins? I never thought for a moment we would walk away with a trophy. Too many variables at play and we probably had control of about two or three of them. We play an artistic brand of football. It is fantastic to watch, although not very realistic in the hunt for trophies, but trophies should not be the sole criterion of judging a season. I would have liked to have brought home a pot, but, remember, MCWFC won the lot! If 2016/17 was a poor season then words do not exist in the English language to describe some of the seasons I've suffered over the years.

How many of the matches have yer watched, Bill, where yer kept yer eyes closed for 89 mins? I never thought for a moment we would walk away with a trophy. Too many variables at play and we probably had control of about two or three of them. We play an artistic brand of football. It is fantastic to watch, although not very realistic in the hunt for trophies, but trophies should not be the sole criterion of judging a season. I would have liked to have brought home a pot, but, remember, MCWFC won the lot! If 2016/17 was a poor season then words do not exist in the English language to describe some of the seasons I've suffered over the years.
Bills spot with his assessment of the first team, we started well and we've finished well just pretty poor in the middle. As for the Women's team that doesn't come into it as it totally different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.