It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier to get the deal pushed though with Arsenal , rather than us perhaps ?

Yes this, it's safer money for the agent. Arsenal could drag their heels over him going to City and there is a small chance they could keep him waiting and let him go on a free, which would kill said agent's chance at a cut of any transfer fee.

What's important is that Sanchez wants to play for Pep/City and, if we are serious, I think this will make the difference.

Barkley would be a good signing for Spurs but not suited for us.

I agree. Barkley is a low-ball and we have as good or better in our academy. Hope City stay well clear, though suspect we will.

Yes this, it's safer money for the agent. Arsenal could drag their heels over him going to City and there is a small chance they could keep him waiting and let him go on a free, which would kill said agent's chance at a cut of any transfer fee.

What's important is that Sanchez wants to play for Pep/City and, if we are serious, I think this will make the difference.

I agree. Barkley is a low-ball and we have as good or better in our academy. Hope City stay well clear, though suspect we will.
I was going to say I'd sooner stick Foden in midfield than pay millions for Barkley. We really need to start utilising the staffing efficiencies created by a world class youth academy, rather than just using it as a separate income stream.

If you've watched him in the EDS team or his recent performances in the U17 Euros you can see, given the opportunity to develop while surrounded by top class players, that he could create similiar chance for chances for Sane (Sancho), Silva (Brahim), and Aguero (Gonzalez) that KDB and Yaya currently do.

Last edited:
Pep has said our academy lads aren't ready for the first team (just yet) but it doesn't mean Barkley is the right fit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.