Probably the best we've ever heard from Yaya...

to be honest, i don't think i've ever heard Yaya say a bad word about us in person. Heard the crap his agent comes out with and that is often a detriment to Yaya more than anything.

So i've never been a hater of Yaya. Maybe he voiced his opinions of being unfairly treated behind closed doors or was misquoted in articles or media hacks. but unless i hear it from the horses mouth, its all nonsense.

hope he stays, and contributes the best way he can and is a club legend in my eyes, scoring fa cup winner and often dragging us to victory with his goal scoring runs.

I love how he went through the whole group and shook hands with every single person. That was a stand up move -- usually you'd expect someone to greet those at the front only.

That was the second hospitality box he had been in. There were about 30 of us in the first one and he shook hands and had a pic with everyone of us, chatted with a few, but none had the balls to ask him THAT question. He was then moved onto the next room where the 1894 boys were, and that's what you see on the video

What?

Thats a baffling statement.

We were falling apart before he came in and helped steady the ship. Alright we've never quite been perfect for an extended period this season but we've been a better team with him in it.

I *think* you've misremembered there.

We had that bad fun in October but then twatted West Brom away and beat Barcelona before recalling Yaya. We'd already turned the corner

I *think* you've misremembered there.

We had that bad fun in October but then twatted West Brom away and beat Barcelona before recalling Yaya. We'd already turned the corner

I think i've remembered it fairly well.

Yaya's first start was Watford at home the previous 5 games were:

1-1 draw vs B. Mochengladbach (A)
2-1 win vs Burnley (A)
3-1 loss vs Chelsea (H) - Subbed on at 2-1 down.
1-1 draw vs Celtic (H)
4-2 loss to Leicester (A) - Subbed on at 3-0.

We were definitely hitting a bad patch, looking a bit stale, he definitely helped us get going again.

Record in all games he has started this season:
20 wins 4 draws 3 losses (1 of the losses was in extra time)

Also bear in mind he didn't start or even feature when we lost 3-1 to Monaco (but he did start in the 5-3 win). He also didn't even feature in the away defeat vs Chelsea.

He was easily one of our most important players this season.

EDIT:
My bad, missed Palace (A) and Burnley (A), although that adds to his very good record, 20 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses. I'll guess our record is still better with him than without him. Our bad patches this season have been when he's not in the side.

Last edited:
Well I hope some of the vile pieces of shit on here are embarrassed to fuck. Minority though they are, they are arse holes to the extreme. The vile abuse Pellers got and Yaya got - amongst others - was an utter disgrace. I'd love Yaya to stay on for another year. Some fickle thick bastards believe everything they read in the sun, especially about Yaya, who together with Vinny, Sergio and Merlin changed the whole direction that this great club has gone on.

Here,here.
I'm pleased to read of Yayas engagement with fan groups.
He seems to be a changed man in the last year....for the better.
He has been superb since he returned and the most influential player in the HHSM era.
A colossus,we've been privileged.

Well I hope some of the vile pieces of shit on here are embarrassed to fuck. Minority though they are, they are arse holes to the extreme. The vile abuse Pellers got and Yaya got - amongst others - was an utter disgrace. I'd love Yaya to stay on for another year. Some fickle thick bastards believe everything they read in the sun, especially about Yaya, who together with Vinny, Sergio and Merlin changed the whole direction that this great club has gone on.
Really any need for that?

I love Yaya but he MUST take some of the blame for not shutting that bellend Seluk up earlier. He is, after all, 'Like a second father' to him.

Seluk wouldn't have done a thing without the approval of Yaya.
Personally i hope he stays for another season

I want him to stay. Him and Silva are our heartbeat. Yeah, he'll have a reduced role if we sign Fabinho and also manage to keep Gundogan fit, but come on... if we have to keep Delph and Fernando because Yaya leaves, that's just ridiculous. I'd sooner one of them go and keep the big man for one more year. Legend of this club and still the best player we have in that role infront of the back 4.

What?

Thats a baffling statement.

We were falling apart before he came in and helped steady the ship. Alright we've never quite been perfect for an extended period this season but we've been a better team with him in it.
Think of the top 8 in the premiership and tell me a game that he excelled in this year ?.
Think of his performance at Everton and against Liverpool ?
He's been a great player for us but we have the opportunity now to replace with a younger more mobile player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.