Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

That hashtag #prayformanchester is pissing me off. praying is whats causing this shite.

If people kept their spiritual ideas to themselves the world would be a far better place.

Religion needs universal outlawing, it's fucking archaic.

Most of us don't tarnish them all mate............Most Mancs know many muslims. They live as neighbours.

Went to all 3 college campus I work at yesterday and only 2 people out of maybe 80 I spoke about it with made daft comments about muslims, more out of ignorance than fact, but everyone else was together in feeling and unity.

Manchester cannot be divided we are stronger than that in my eyes.

One of the biggest problems is the mistrust that exists in the otherwise moderate Muslims. I had to put someone right on Facebook yesterday who although he condemned the murder of innocent people he then in the same breath reckoned it was funny how this had happened near the election. He was not put down until I got really annoyed and had to say something but his original post got a ton of likes from fellow Muslims. Now I don't know him really at all but what worries me is I know he has kids, how can he possibly think the UK government is involved in state murder?? He constantly posts about Corbyn, Palestine, Israel and all of that so clearly he just has a bee in his bonnet and the once or twice I have met him he is a nice bloke, it still does not sit right with me though that he holds these views.

Now I am all for free speech but in this instance people who hold these views cannot be allowed to speak nor hold any position as a figurehead. I heard on the radio this morning that there are many instances of leading immans in mosques (this one was in Birmingham) who are openly highly skeptical of the UK/US governments. Obviously they don't condone violence but where is the line drawn, it is okay to condemn violence but these people MUST attack the whole ideology and not make reason for it.

Many do attack it but there is a definite sizeable minority who yes condemns murder but they still remain highly critical and skeptical which is extremely worrying. Let's not forget too that these people are not nutters, these are people holding leading positions in mosques and communities who are freely able to potentially influence those who might be on the verge of taking the wrong path, particularly the young and more easily coerced.

This apologetic nature has to be rooted out and attacked critically but unfortunately in this society we are not allowed to. I had to hestitate to take this man to task because I thought I would be called racist or an Islamaphobe but I got so annoyed I did it anyway. If it had been a non-Muslim like we saw with the Erasure bloke on Twitter we would be saying he is a one off nutter but this is not the case, these are views held by large numbers of people and as seen even by non-Muslims. This is all despite the massive and needless tragic loss of life yesterday.

What the solution to this is I don't know but there is a clear almost anarchist type festering movement lying just below the surface which will sympathize and attempt to make a reasoned justification for these attacks. This cannot be tolerated but at the moment we are allowing it to because we are afraid and disallowed as a society to criticize. It is now a taboo subject to criticize a Muslim or anyone for that matter for their views. Unfortunately this is now leading indirectly to a tiny minority interpreting this wrong and people are now being killed.

Now on the flipside and this has to be said - My brother in law is a Muslim and the man is a proper family man, he does everything for his kids and he does everything for his family. I spoke to him yesterday and he was nearly in tears to me on the phone because he has young kids around a similar age to the youngest killed. He has done nothing but condemn these attacks, no ifs and no buts. Muslims like him should not be tarnished with the same brush because he has embraced British society and integrated into our way of life. He makes fantastic curries, as a taxi driver he invites an older widowed man to his house every week for sunday dinner. He even sits in the sports bar to watch football with us and has a coffee whilst we are on beer. He is a fantastic human being and the perfect example of why you cannot tarnish everyone all the same based upon their religion. It is people like him that should be leading members of these communities but his views are almost seen as irrelevant to other Muslims simply because he is living a British life.
Good post.

It is guaranteed that within a few hours of it taking place there will be multiple websites going on about it being a false flag operation. The problem is that there are numerous gullible fools who lap this sort of rubbish up.

I am so proud of my City and my club right now for so many reasons. Our club opened its doors straight away, the shite closed their tours for the day. I give you the definitive proof of who is the club of Manchester.

bit of a daft comment that mate! It has always been the plan for the Ethihad to be used as a 'hub' / 'meeting point' in the event of any attack. It is closer to MRI and GMP HQ than Old Trafford. any by chance on this occasion it is closer to the location of the attack than OT is!

like others have said this is not the thread for point scoring!

3000 - please quote the source. Where to? Some could be UK Born. Define "interest". How many of the 3000 have just been seen talking to the wrong person? That would create an "interest" as would a number of other minor acts. You get shut of this person what do his mates do. They object, they protest and 'you' have just started several more on the road to radicalism.

Think it was Andy Burnham on the radio this morning he's been talking to the authorities and the figure 3000 people of interest was mentioned in what capacity I don't know. It's a huge problem and no easy solution however getting shut of the most hardened radicals of this 3000 figure could be a start something has to be done.

Monday morning I'm thinking I hope Ajax smash the rags 10 nil. Waking up Tuesday morning and my feeling right now I don't really care if Utd win 10 nil
Puts things in perspective

3 more arrests. One of the people arrested so far was the arseholes brother.

Also, a lot more names of the dead coming out this morning. Really hits hard when you put names, faces and ages to them.

Just read this about Martyn Hett. Like CTID1988 said, it's heartbreaking when you start to find out more about the victims.

I guess it's a scale thing. Resources are tight, police numbers have been slashed, prisons are over crowded. Today - with hindsight can the security forces round up every known suspect with links to ISIS - I suspect not - it would take months. Politicians spout but there has to be a change in approach - just targeting the Muslim community won't help - (internment in NI caused more issues and swelled the ranks of the IRA) we need to take the 98 per cent of good muslims with us and together root out the evil element but it's going to need a more comprehensive, well financed and joined up approach. People like Donald Trump - with his heavy handed rhetoric just makes the matter worse. This is not a war, the military can't win this, a stronger more inclusive society is the answer.

What is that supposed to mean? Sit and talk and try and be all nice and understanding about their concerns. Fuck that. Pacifism hasn't worked and this keeps happening. We are the most welcoming country in the world already! S

It's as if some people almost have sympathy for their actions. Any extremist needs getting rid of. Detained or more preferably a bullet in the head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.