Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Silva is very talented and only 22..... I am not sure where he fits into our side. Surely he will want gametime but so will David Silva, DeBruyne, Raheem, Sane, Gundogan (if healthy), YaYa, Fernandinho, and possibly Patrick Roberts.

Seems an odd signing in that there's no obvious spot for him in our starting 11 in my eyes. If he turns out being our record signing you'd of course expect him to start.

Arguably lower down on our list of priorities this summer, however would be foolish not to be happy about getting him, looked a class player against us & is only 22 (!).

My hope was keeper, left back, right back, CB, CDM & CM. If he comes to rotate with Silva/De Bruyne (& Gundogan..?) then that's the CM sorted (and sorted far more strongly than I would've expected!).
I've scoffed at every forward we've been linked with. Where will they play? But bernardo Silva sounds like a perfect fit. We had 70% possession in so many games last season and had so little penetration. Our players are really going to have to step up or they wont play. If B. Silva signs, imagine him with Jesus, and Sane? It would terrify defenders. A totally new City is being created and it is very exciting

Dave moving a bit deeper and Bernardo playing as number 10, lovely stuff. It's Xavi and Iniesta all over again.

Thanks for the information. It must be a bit strange for you to see all the rich clubs fawn over your players. You have the respect now, but at the same time lose the players. But clubs like Atletico and Dortmund have sold well, and bought well and grown stronger. All the best. if we sign Bernardo Silva, you can be assured he will be adored like David Silva.

It is encouraging for City fans to see our team going after the best players immediately. We did it last Summer with Sane and Jesus, but for a few years we have been buying badly. This looks very good news for City fans.

It's a bit strange that one club bid on so much players that beat them in C1, but.. Except that, i would have sell Silva to for 80+M€, and mendy for around 55. So.. I think it's winning winning deal.

And at least Bernardo doesn't end up with Mourinho :D

While Silva is very talented and only 22..... I am not sure where he fits into our side. Surely he will want gametime but so will David Silva, DeBruyne, Raheem, Sane, Gundogan (if healthy), YaYa, Fernandinho, and possibly Patrick Roberts.

From watching him vs us he was quality but burnt out after 60 mins so I think the first season in a tougher league he will need to be bedded in slowly. Which is fine with the other attacking players we have.

EE4.gif

Rooney on a night out?

Great competition for Sterling and also the heir to Silva's throne. Unreal signing, so happy with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.