Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the age of some of our recent and mooted signings, the blend of youth / experience wouldn't be quite right if we sign Laporte. I'd get Bonucci if possible.

No! We need youth. Bonucci is 30. Signing players like him is going to result in us having to splash 200m+, every other summer.

Who is to say Laporte or Stones won't become leaders?

We have youth in Stones and we can also add Tosin there, Stones could rotate and Tosin could come on in some matches throughout the season and work with two world class defenders. Kompany-Bonucci would be like Chiellini-Bonucci in the back, a rock.

I understand it would be a difficult and expensive transfer though, probably won't happen.

No! We need youth. Bonucci is 30. Signing players like him is going to result in us having to splash 200m+, every other summer.

Who is to say Laporte or Stones won't become leaders?

Laporte has captained the French under 21s I believe and has allegedly demonstrated leadership abilities.

Stones we should know is considered to have such qualities as well.

They are both just a bit young still.

Question for those that have watched since his injury.

How has he got on and played?

Question for those that have watched since his injury.

How has he got on and played?

He's vastly improved since coming back from injury by every metric imaginable, but has notably removed almost all of the errors from his game that made some pause last season.

I watched Bilbao play Eibar at the end of April and it was almost a prime Vinny-esque performance. He made 11 clearances, more than any other player put together, 3 tackles, 2 interceptions and won 4 aerial duals. That's not even taking into account his passing ability, which is on par with Stones IMO.

My opinion is that he's matured considerably and would make an ideal long term partner to John at CB. If Vinny is staying, and Nico too, then I feel it makes sense to bring in a younger option in the position and if money is no object Laporte would be my pick.

Feel we may be turned off by the price this time round though.

What Friday shown and the next week or so will as well is there is a price and then there is a Pep price.

Once he has spoken with a player and minds have been made up, clubs are almost helpless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.