Khaldoon interview

Well he says the right things and says them very well

I am hoping Pt 3 is moving on to the stadium.

As always I enjoyed the interview.
Interesting that he referred to the need to keep the core fans happy and seemed to acknowledge mistakes may have been made.
I would have liked him to to have been asked to explain the rational behind this years price increase.

I just watched it on the website and it was all pretty standard stuff.

There was a big cut in the middle of one of his answers though.

Then it's just been on SSN saying we want to win the quadruple. As soon as I saw it I thought I bet that's the story all the media runs with, and sure enough, it is.

I'm pretty sure that didn't appear in the video I saw and I can only assume City tried to edit it out last minute. I don't know if they've given the media that quote on purpose or in error.

But one thing I can guarantee is that will be the narrative for the whole of next season - City are expected to win the quadruple. Guardiola will get asked about it every week. After every loss he'll be asked if the owners will be unhappy we are not fighting for the quadruple.

Made a rod for our own back there. It was an innocent line from Khaldoon, but the British press are vultures, they will run and run with it.

Surely Chris Bailey has asked him about the stadium. That is the main matter of interest!

Unlucky to those who thought it was going to be a washing of City's dirty laundry in public for the media pigs and disgruntled among us to get stuck into.

Although its nice to hear from the chairman re plans for the future, commendation of current players staff and management and commitment from the ownership etc these end of season chit chats are mostly PR for the club and appetite wetters for the coming season. Still I'd rather have them than not.
No football club gets it all right and yes we have some issues as a fan base with the ownership, what fanbase doesn't?
I'd rather be a city fan than anywhere else it doesn't mean I don't dislke some things the club does but rather like having a tiff with the other half its the making up afterwards that makes it worthwhile.

I just watched it on the website and it was all pretty standard stuff.

There was a big cut in the middle of one of his answers though.

Then it's just been on SSN saying we want to win the quadruple. As soon as I saw it I thought I bet that's the story all the media runs with, and sure enough, it is.

I'm pretty sure that didn't appear in the video I saw and I can only assume City tried to edit it out last minute. I don't know if they've given the media that quote on purpose or in error.

But one thing I can guarantee is that will be the narrative for the whole of next season - City are expected to win the quadruple. Guardiola will get asked about it every week. After every loss he'll be asked if the owners will be unhappy we are not fighting for the quadruple.

Made a rod for our own back there. It was an innocent line from Khaldoon, but the British press are vultures, they will run and run with it.
Come the start of the season, I expect Guardiola to say that we are competing for four trophies. I expect Utd and Chelsea to say similar.

Last season was transition. Next season will be to a lesser extent, but we should have our team in place by then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.