I wonder if City will cock this CAS case up too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no. If anything bring back the reserves league. How many games did Nacho play in the last 9 months? That is where we are going wrong, not having the 4 leagues plastered with B teams. what happens when one of them gets promoted? Or when the whole of division 4 is made up of B teams and Oldham, Rochdale and Accrington are in the conference?
We have a good laugh at Oldham?

When you see stuff like this and the gulf between the City first team and the academy you wonder what use the Academy is to City.

I know that is a very negative comment, but this morning there has been some discussion about Patrick Roberts. He's 20. Didn't come through the Academy, but is ahead of them because of the experience he has had and you wonder how he can find a place in the squad so what chance have the academy players got? Roberts took the most likely route that academy players have and went out on loan, and excelled and comes back and what happens next?

You can't blame Guardiola. He needs a succesful first team. Every game counts, but we have a squad where 6 or 7 senior players are carrying 4 or 5 players who are not good enough and we can't carry a young player for a year until he adapts. As Guardiola has said the problem is the structure of English football which does not provide a competitive route for young players into the game. The time has come for a MCFC B team in the Football League, and Man Utd B etc It wont happen for a while, and maybe it will happen by the back door. City taking a small stake in Oldham etc

We sell 7 - 8 academy players a year usually after a loan spell, yes we will let good players go every now and then but it's a great revenue stream and clubs below us (and abroad) pick up decently trained players. Enas Unal = 12 million......10 million profit. Moody at Huddersfield could be next now they have some £ (although not academy).

Could be why we're trying to get deals done crazy early, and also predominantly young players that will last the duration of our transfer ban, and beyond.

No, any ban would not effect us until January at the earliest, and a youth revamp was already necessary. If we did get banned though, I think August would be insane, we'd buy everyone we're thinking about for next summer.

Should we be concerned about this?

Yes and no.

We obviously really don't want to be banned.

However, we asked FIFA if it was OK, they said it was OK and we did it.

If something illicit has happened then the culpability is FIFA's, and I'm sure that's what we'd argue.

FIFA also overturned Velez Sardfield's appeal which should put us in good stead.

Just no. If anything bring back the reserves league. How many games did Nacho play in the last 9 months? That is where we are going wrong, not having the 4 leagues plastered with B teams. what happens when one of them gets promoted? Or when the whole of division 4 is made up of B teams and Oldham, Rochdale and Accrington are in the conference?
I agree. We should definitely have B teams for the fix or six elite clubs and not allow them promotion for the Prem.

It's the only sensible solution and it works very well abroad. Barca wouldn't have had their greatest ever side without it.

It's a must. It really is.

No, any ban would not effect us until January at the earliest, and a youth revamp was already necessary. If we did get banned though, I think August would be insane, we'd buy everyone we're thinking about for next summer.
Not sure about that. That would be the case if FIFA found us guilty in the first instance or at the FIFA appeal - both of which we won - but this is the appeal to the highest court. There is no where else to go.

Anyway our handling of drugs testing and player poaching in England was found to be well below the standards I thought we were operating at, so my guess is it could well be a shambles here as well.
As I have alluded to elsewhere, let's get everyone bought before July 3rd and there won't be that much of a problem if it goes tits up.

Could be why we're trying to get deals done crazy early, and also predominantly young players that will last the duration of our transfer ban, and beyond.
It's really not as the ban wouldn't start for 18 months minimum anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.