It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my thoughts how in the hell do some think we are going to manage with the squad we had to win anything as last season shown baffles me sometimes it really does.

Baffles me too. Just look at the comments on @twosips new video and most comments on Reddit...they don't seem to even want
Sanchez and can't handle the idea of Kun being rotated. My buddy sent me a text yesterday saying he doesn't want Sanchez. I explained the 5 into 3 and about rotation and he told me that some wouldn't be happy. They just can't handle the idea of form, rotation, and no true best 11? Blows my mind that people would rather pass on Sanchez and force Stones in rather than develop a world class FULL senior squad.

Baffles me too. Just look at the comments on @twosips new video and most comments on Reddit...they don't seem to even want
Sanchez and can't handle the idea of Kun being rotated. My buddy sent me a text yesterday saying he doesn't want Sanchez. I explained the 5 into 3 and about rotation and he told me that some wouldn't be happy. They just can't handle the idea of form, rotation, and no true best 11? Blows my mind that people would rather pass on Sanchez and force Stones in rather than develop a world class FULL senior squad.

I wonder if it's a British mentality thing, cos we're obsessed with the idea of a strongest XI. We're City, it's pretty, pretty obvious that we'll get injuries, cos we all do. There will be plenty of options.

You've got to adjust your mentality to the big teams mate.

Firstly, the issues at Bayern that you're highlighting right now: guess what, none of those players were crying about anything when Pep was there.

Secondly, Pep has always been able to keep players happy. I don't remember anybody except Zlatan (who was out right frozen out from the squad) complaining about game time. Same with Nolito.

Thirdly, you overestimate the pedigree of Sane, Sterling, Jesus in our team. I fully appreciate that they're top drawer talent, and that compared to the rest of our squad as well as compared to the rest of the PL they look pretty good. But face the fact that these kids would be on the Bench at any of Barca, Bayern, and Madrid.

All those squads rely on world class established players who are the age to deliver consistently, not just world class talents like Sane and Sterling who currently can barely last in top form for more than about half the season.

I feel many City fans still haven't come to terms to the size of our club and the ambitions it has. Most are still insecure about how to keep talent happy.

I've never seen the fans of Barca, Bayern, Madrid worrying about player happiness when linked with a world class established player like Sanchez. The same is needed at our club frankly.

With all due respect to my beloved club, we are not at that level yet. Sitting on the bench at Real Madrid is different to sittin on the bench at Manchester City.

IMO this is how we will remain being also-rans. Wrong mentality.

What did I say that was wrong? Personally I have no problem with adding Sanchez, just wanted to dispel the myth that rotation is easy. There WILL be disgruntled players with a big squad, no matter what.

With all due respect to my beloved club, we are not at that level yet. Sitting on the bench at Real Madrid is different to sittin on the bench at Manchester City.

That is the point we are trying to make how do we even get to the level of Real Madrid if we dont strengthen the sqaud in the first place what you say makes no sense.....

I wonder if it's a British mentality thing, cos we're obsessed with the idea of a strongest XI.

I'm not sure. We are here too. People are so used to the likes of Navas, Nolito, and Clichy/AK, Bony on the bench that it was obvious that we actually really have had a best 11 for a while now. They're paranoid that the development of Sane, Stones, Jesus and Raz might be hampered? I don't know.

If anyone's interesting, I decided to make a video on how we could lineup next season if we make the signings we want.... Ederson, Mendy, Bernardo Silva etc

I could be wildly wrong of course, but ah well! It's a challenge fitting them all in.

2sip, that's you? Nice! I agree with every thing you've said on that video. And I think that's how the best team will set up if we get everyone. Which means Aguero, Sterling and and Sane will be backups in the most critical games.

True, injuries and suspensions will even things out eventually.

But that's a super first and 2nd team. I hope the backups don't regress due to black of playing time.

i think stones should be first choice. he needs to be starting every week imo. thats the only way he will develop into a top centre back, if hes rotated every week i can't see how that benefits him. likewise if we buy vvd he would be on the bench most weeks.
Well, we'd have to bench the best CB last season and potentially the World record. Defensive transfer for that to happen. Assuming we got the players @twosips suggested

Other players think higher of us our mentality needs to change. anyway if the players do come in that are linked to us we will see if there will be unrest this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.