Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they manage to buy keita, VVD, a good goalkeeper and left back they'll be title contenders for sure.
They're still short for goals up front and a decent keeper in that scenario. Mignolet is a flaky fucker and they need all 3 front men firing just to match up to Agüero or Costa.

Apart from a few deluded posters, I don't think too many on here believe that. We can't rely on Vinny being injury free for the season. Otamendi isn't the answer. Kolarov (while a better CB than a LB) definitely isn't the answer either. Adarabioyo is untried, and will Pep chance playing him anyway? Which only leaves Stones. Van Dijk would have been ideal, being younger than Bonucci and also having plenty of PL experience. But if he has his sights set on a move to Liverpool, there's not a lot we can do.

It is up to the club to act swiftly in the market regarding a centre back.

I honestly think Van Dijk would come if we slapped the money on the table. If we offered 50k a week more, he is definitely not rejecting that.

If Van Dijk does indeed sign for Liverpool, I'll be the first to say that I think that he will be a great signing for them particularly with CB being an issue there for a while now.

Do I think he is a 60m defender? Absolutely not, but if we had bought him for that I'd be happy and I'm certainly not going to pretend otherwise because it looks like he might be going elsewhere.

Maybe we did pull out based on the fee, which would be fair enough. Maybe he decided to join Liverpool over us with a higher chance of playing every week, which would be fair enough. Maybe we weren't as in for him as Billyshears informed us in good faith, which is fair enough.

I think he has all the qualities to be a top drawer player and in my opinion, he isn't far off already but I wish him well wherever he ends up. I certainly don't buy into the idea of building him up and tearing him down at every twist of the window, I'll see this as a piece of a transfer window puzzle which is nowhere near completion yet and judge it as a whole in August.

Honestly, I think it's more embarrassing to adopt the rag cafe approach of "we mustn't have wanted him" than to accept that maybe, just maybe, a player actually wanted to play for a club other than City.

You're the guy who the other week opined in the same post that Bernardo Silva has no pace and David Silva can't dribble aren't you?

They're still short for goals up front and a decent keeper in that scenario. Mignolet is a flaky fucker and they need all 3 front men firing just to match up to Agüero or Costa.
Spot on,not forgetting the added fact they also have Champions league football,of course that's if they get past whoever they play in the qualifier.

I think salah might surprise a few. I dont think they had any problems going forward last season, it was their defence and goalkeeper that let them down.

Can't believe there are some who think we don't need a CB.

The whole defence and centre midfield looked wobbly and weak without Kompany.

He get's injured again and the same will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.