Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonucci looks great in a compact team like Juve, but we defend huge spaces.... really don't think he's the right guy for us.

If that's 'your point' then it isn't a very good one. Relying on Kompany to stay fit is a completely unnecessary and dangerous gamble. We need to buy someone with similar attributes (tall, quick, strong, able to defend open spaces and take responsibility), cos Stones, Kolarov and Otamendi are each deficient in at least one of those attributes.

I never said relying on Kompany was good. I said "I hope we do" sign another CB it just doesn't need to be a 60m CB. You can get those attributes in players that dont cost 60m and want 200k a week; for example, Pepe on a free transfer would be a good signing imo.

We will win nowt without defenders, so hurry the fcuk up and sign some! CL experienced and around the 25 yr mark.

Hope Kompany doesn't pick up an injury on international duty as you can add a few million more to any perspective signings as they realise our desperation for a commanding centre half

I said "I hope we do" sign another CB it just doesn't need to be a 60m CB. You can get those attributes in players that dont cost 60m and want 200k a week; for example, Pepe on a free transfer would be a good signing imo.

Van Dijk has won more tackles and aerial duels in the Premier League than any other defender since joining Southampton. That on it's own isn't the single criteria we should be looking at but, when you add the fact that he is relatively young, composed in possession, technically sound, deceptively quick and evidently has plenty of leadership qualities, you have to say that he has a hell of a lot going for him.

World record for a defender? Laughable.

Liverpool trying to relive the glory days by recruiting Southampton players. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.