Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be wrong, but I'm yet to see Arsenal doing things to appease its fans off late.

After probably the most toxic season for the fans that they've had, they renewed Wenger's contract for 2 years. I see relatively less evidence to suggest that they are concerned too much about fan fallout if they were to sell Sanchez to us.

Exactly, if Arsenal cared about its fans, they would of sacked Wenger and gave someone like Allegri a bumper deal and a war chest to convince him to join and not extend with Juve. What did they do, gave Wenger a two year deal.

No way they sacrifice 50m to appease their fans. Kroenke and Wenger can say 100 times how they want to win the title, reality is their main target is top 4 and always will be while Kroenke is in charge.

Arsenal have two ways next season to get top 4, I am sure they will be taking Europa League seriously.

I think they will sell Sanchez to us soon, they will get a high profile replacement in and some other new signings and by the time the season begins everything will be fine again. No point for them to drag this out the whole summer, at the end we could just pull out and wait a year to get Sanchez for free, Arsenal won't let that happen.

I agree. There are no trophies for 4th place.

Our FA Cup winners should get the 4th champions league spot in my opinion.

Back to Sanchez, Nike are putting huge pressure on him to stay within the brand. From thier perspective, the last thing they want is for him to be wearing Adidas week in week out.

The power of sponsors is ever increasing in the game these days. I mentioned it last transfer window, about how much influence Adidas had in the Pogba to United deal.

In this transfer it falls in our favour massively

Back to Sanchez, Nike are putting huge pressure on him to stay within the brand. From thier perspective, the last thing they want is for him to be wearing Adidas week in week out.

The power of sponsors is ever increasing in the game these days. I mentioned it last transfer window, about how much influence Adidas had in the Pogba to United deal.

I wouldn't go so far as putting the cup winners into the CL, but winning stuff is what it's all about for me. Top 4 will come and go but I remember beating Sunderland in the LC final much more than finishing 4th last season! As for Sanchez, whaterver will be will be. I really think we will have a blinding season coming up and I, for one, cannot wait.

Very interesting info.

Does that imply Nike, know or assume we are resigning our kit deal with them ?

People like Sanchez wouldn't stay with a 5th place and FA cup trophy. We won't be signing him if we wern't in the CL so in that sense FA cup is momentary but 4th does have its advantages.

I am guessing Sanchez and Silva will be more or less replacement for Navas and Nolito in the squad. Mind you Nolito wasn't even needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.