Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we might have seen some Sunday paper stories about this move? Or is it that close that the U.K. Media don't want to even acknowledge it!?! Lol

Could be wrong, but I'm yet to see Arsenal doing things to appease its fans off late.

After probably the most toxic season for the fans that they've had, they renewed Wenger's contract for 2 years. I see relatively less evidence to suggest that they are concerned too much about fan fallout if they were to sell Sanchez to us.

Obviously they would need to replace him too, so it benefits them to drag their heels and bring in some big names in the meantime, even if fan fallout is only a secondary concern.

You're right about Arsenal's modus operandi though. It's a business for Kroenke and his yes-man Gazidis, that's why Wenger is still there. That's why Arsenal tend to be reactive in the transfer market, rather than proactive (see: why nobody believes they were actually serious about Mbappe) and why it seems likely to me if Sanchez was as close to a move to a rival as rumoured, there'd be much more talk of panic buys etc

Thought we might have seen some Sunday paper stories about this move? Or is it that close that the U.K. Media don't want to even acknowledge it!?! Lol

It's in today's The Sun at least lol

It's been almost a month since Rummenigge, Bayern's Chairman, said they couldn't afford to compete on Sanchez, yet the majority of mainstream UK media continues to place them as the front runners. Wonder why?

We can be critical of Arsenal's ambitions but they did surprise us when they signed Sanchez and Ozil for big money.

It's not beyond belief that they'll surprise a few again this summer (even without CL).

I think thats a bit misleading as you know. He missed quite a few PL games and overall scored over 30 goals in all comps.
Compare like with like i.e against same opponents. If you take goals per game it's more or less identical but Sanchez runs away with the assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.