Work: What Did You Wanted To Be, and What Did You Become?

Wanted to make video games,
Became video game programmer.

After 22 years working in the games biz, I'm now making apps.

Im dyslexic, not a big success academicaly, I chose what I wanted to do and did everything ( moved 200 miles at the age of 19 for a shit job for a foot in the door, etc ) I could to do it.

Want to be a vet as a kid. Then I realised you needed to get all A*s, so I decided I wanted to work in film.

Ended up being a language teacher, mainly to live abroad. Might knock it on the head soon, but that's mainly because my current employer is complete shit. Considering taking up the film stuff again now I've got a bit of cash behind me.

Always wanted to make people laugh. Wrote for Radio 4, Channel 4 before I started performing. Not done it for over a year and really miss it

I had no clue and i still don't have much of a clue to be honest. I don't really want to have a job, but since i have to i've narrowed it down to two options: help people or make stuff. They both make me feel pretty good.

But for now i work in an outdoors/sports store, making money for other people and trying to stop customers buying shit they don't need. It's actually not bad to be fair.

Wanted to be .... Electrician .....
Became.... Electrician .. Then Electrical Engineer...
Saw the world with the print industry .... not many places i not seen for free... now living in NZ living the dream....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.