Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem with the price? 40m? 50m? 60m? 70m? Who cares? it is small change in the scheme of things. Just pay Levy the money and move on to the next target.
It's not small money though is it. "Oh you paid £60m for Walker, that makes XYZ worth £70m, £70m please City." Were paying for that already on Stones I feel.

Levy wants to low ball other clubs yet wants top dollar over the odds for spurs players.
Fair enough getting a good deal for your club, but he takes liberties the bald southern wanker!

Levy wants to low ball other clubs yet wants top dollar over the odds for spurs players.
Fair enough getting a good deal for your club, but he takes liberties the bald southern wanker!

.......or maybe he's far better at that part of his job than his equivalent at other clubs.... he would probably had our transfer balance sheet millions better off last few years than it is ;)

.......or maybe he's far better at that part of his job than his equivalent at other clubs.... he would probably had our transfer balance sheet millions better off last few years than it is ;)

Doubt it, spurs sell players in key positions of their stating 11. When was the last time we lost a player we we hadn't planned on leaving? We've signed average players at top dollar and therefore are difficult to move on.

Doubt it, spurs sell players in key positions of their stating 11. When was the last time we lost a player we we hadn't planned on leaving? We've signed average players at top dollar and therefore are difficult to move on.
To be fair, Berbatov, Bale and Modric are pretty much the only players Spurs have sold against their will for the last ten years. Might be forgetting one or two.

Think we are in the driving seat in this transfer levy is trying to get as much as he can but he knows the player wants to move back north and will sell eventually for what we offer as an unhappy player is no good for the squad and his value will only decrease.

BOOM like a right hook to the temple
Six starts isn't enough to tell you anything. As usual, as soon as it looks like a player is going to come to us, they're not as good as the player who was behind them in a pecking order all season, right up until it became obvious that the first choice wanted to leave. I'm still waiting for Jordan Ibe to become better than Raheem Sterling.

As for the assists, 2 in a 4-0 win at Watford, 1 in a 6-0 win at Millwall, 1 in a 4-0 win at Watford, 2 in a 7-1 win at Hull.

That's why statistically a second choice player sometimes looks better than a first choice player, because they're often selected for the easier games where the team shits all over the opposition anyway. It's a lot harder to get an assist in a tight game against Chelsea than in an FA Cup walkover at Millwall.
Your argument doesn't stack up... I think all will agree there were 6.5 good teams last year and then there was the rest. Walker started 31 games. He didn't start against Arsenal or United at home, so he played eight games against the top six, two against Everton and 21 against the rest to provide his five assists. Trippier got five assists in six starts against United, Arsenal, Watford twice, Hull and Leicester. Walker had plenty of "easier games" to amass more assists than Trippier. Basically 21 against 4. Again I'm not saying Trippier is a better player, just that he has a better final ball. I would wager that Trippier will get more PL assists than Walker next year - regardless if Walker moves to City or stays at Spurs. As you pointed out Trippier's assists, I'll point out Walker's - in a draw at Everton, a 4-0 away against Stoke, a 3-0 home win at against Hull, a 2-1 home win against Burnley, a 4-0 home win to WBA. They look pretty comparable to Trippier's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.