Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't know why we bother trying to get clubs to drop their prices.
It's like Jim Trott from the Vicar of Dibley: No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, Yes.

We always end up paying the fee.

A lot of it is just a game.

If we went and offered £50 million straight away then they'd reject it and say they wanted £55-60 million.

What a cnut Daniel levy is,in all honesty if I was in negotiations with him they wouldn't last more than 5-10 mins as I would be ready to shit down the cnuts neck,good negotiator but a baldy specky cnut ( sorry if this is offvensive to anyone but have been on grandpas cough bottle tonight).

To be fair he is looking after his team and deserves credit. If Levy was with us in our sales you'd all be singing his praises.

Its all spittings dummies out tonight

Your argument doesn't stack up... I think all will agree there were 6.5 good teams last year and then there was the rest. Walker started 31 games. He didn't start against Arsenal or United at home, so he played eight games against the top six, two against Everton and 21 against the rest to provide his five assists. Trippier got five assists in six starts against United, Arsenal, Watford twice, Hull and Leicester. Walker had plenty of "easier games" to amass more assists than Trippier. Basically 21 against 4. Again I'm not saying Trippier is a better player, just that he has a better final ball. I would wager that Trippier will get more PL assists than Walker next year - regardless if Walker moves to City or stays at Spurs. As you pointed out Trippier's assists, I'll point out Walker's - in a draw at Everton, a 4-0 away against Stoke, a 3-0 home win at against Hull, a 2-1 home win against Burnley, a 4-0 home win to WBA. They look pretty comparable to Trippier's.
My point wasn't exactly that he's only done it against easier opponents, but that you can't draw any conclusions from stats from 6 starts. At that rate, if he starts every game next season, he'll make 31 assists, which is obviously ridiculous. There are hundreds of factors that will influence how well a player does in particular games other than the player's individual quality in a particular aspect of their game. It might be true that he has a better final ball, but it might also be that he's played in easier games, his opponents haven't marked him as carefully, he complements other players in a system better, he's played out of his skin in those 6 games, or any number of other factors.

And like I said, the media are desperate to portray the fact that he ended the season as him "ousting" Kyle Walker because he's the superior player, rather than being preferred because Walker made it known he wanted to leave. Because if Trippier was the superior player, we'd obviously be in for him, given he'd count as a club trained player.

Wasn't sure at first wether I wanted Walker but now I say sign him, What pep needs right now is a defence of strong characters of proven quality. Not having to constantly worry about our defence will cure his itching and nervous cough that had plagued him since he arrived.

Now that Alves seems to be nailed down(?) I'd offer them what w think he's worth and tell them to take it or leave it. Meanwhile, make it clear you want him, you've got the wages ready for him, but you're not going to be held to ransom by anyone. He's 27, so he's got 1 contract in him, no resale value and £50M for a 4 yr contract plus another £30M in wages over those 4 yrs is £80M for a fucking right back!! Mendy, at 22, is worth far more because he younger and got resale potential. Paying out of the nose for Walker will only occur if it is the only way to meet the homegrown quota, and even then I'd seriously consider telling Levy "Fuck off and see ya at Wembley!"

The idea that with the attacking talent we have that a right full back holds the keys to the system is scary stupid. We just need someone who can get up and down the line, put in a tackle on defence and get a better cross in than Navas every now and then. I would play Fernandinho there all pre-season before I would spend £50M on Walker!

What is the problem with the price? 40m? 50m? 60m? 70m? Who cares? it is small change in the scheme of things. Just pay Levy the money and move on to the next target.
Its a huge problem just to pay what is asked. We may have a backer with Zillions, but we are run as a business and operate in a business like manner.

Its a huge problem just to pay what is asked. We may have a backer with Zillions, but we are run as a business and operate in a business like manner.
Exactly! We made £20M last year and Levy wants it all for himself to pay for Wembley and his new box in his new stadium! Fuck him, we ain't building his stadium for him!

Looks like this deal is now finally heading in the right direction! I think it will end up being £45m with add ons up to £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.