Talksport

Upsets me when you get people ringing up and they live 20 years in the past. Using terms like "old school" and "tradition". Football fans spout so much rubbish it's embarrassing.

Seen a recent picture of Alan Brazil, what a big fat ugly spud headed bastard he is, def one for the coronary care unit very soon

I know I know. Just now on 2 Mikes - "City's academy has never produced any premier league player" Mike Graham "I can't think of one" turned off

I know I know. Just now on 2 Mikes - "City's academy has never produced any premier league player" Mike Graham "I can't think of one" turned off

Thing is they don't get clubs who actually compete for titles and are expected to win them find it harder than a club with zero pressure to win them. Plus the Academy is not just to to make them 1st team players, its to loan and sell on if they not good enough for the 1st team and in the long run make city money. Plus any player going through our academy will be well educated and a bigger % will make a career in football.

Exactly and well put. Look how Trippier has turned out via Burnley.

The problem for us fans is that we will see some very good players at other teams that we could do with now, but have been sold cheap a couple of years earlier but developed via 1st team football at the lower echelons.

There will be 1% that we will keep

However we do have an advantage over other academies. The CFG group!!!

Exactly and well put. Look how Trippier has turned out via Burnley.

The problem for us fans is that we will see some very good players at other teams that we could do with now, but have been sold cheap a couple of years earlier but developed via 1st team football at the lower echelons.

There will be 1% that we will keep

However we do have an advantage over other academies. The CFG group!!!

But we're also seeing now that when City are selling young players on, they are including a buy back clause just in case the player develops

Sturbridge started at Aston Villa's academy, moved to Coventry's and was signed from them by City.

So not home grown.

Sturbridge started at Aston Villa's academy, moved to Coventry's and was signed from them by City.

So not home grown.
Of course he's home grown or association trained. He's club trained too seeing as he signed and completed a 3 year contract aged 17-20.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.