Who is of an age where, 'real chips' were just, chips?

Lard was white, yes. But Mother Ewing always lumped a couple of chunks of dripping in the frying pan. And, yes, we had dripping on toast and on butties, with a fair sprinkling of salt! Not a bad diet for young kids.
It's fascinating to look back at what we ate back in the day, dripping on toast with salt, slabs of white bread,
bits of scrapings from chippies, jam roly poly's, fried everything. Yet nobody at school was fat, apart from one or two,
but then again we ran around like crazy, throwing and jumping and generally playing about outside.
Now, you can't prise the little shits off their I pads, no wonder they're increasing massively in size.
Egg and chips, cooked in lard was a staple then, all kids had it regularly.

And in those days you didn`t mind how much salt you threw over your chips.No such thing as "salt is bad for you".Curry ?? What the fuck was curry ? Fritters were brilliant as well.
"Eee,when I were a lad ..."
True dat. I remember having curry for the first time at a Chinese my dad took me to when he was flush,
we both loved it, Indian curry then was unheard of, but it came in soon after.

Our chip pan has seen a lot of life but doesnt get much of an outing anymore, used to be used for Chips and dripping on toast when I was younger... Nowadays it's occasional -
posh pre boiled, shaken till fluffy, deep fried chips to get my wife to agree to have them.

Aunt Bessies crinkle chips are a poor replacement for deep fried homemade chips.

It's fascinating to look back at what we ate back in the day, dripping on toast with salt, slabs of white bread,
bits of scrapings from chippies, jam roly poly's, fried everything. Yet nobody at school was fat, apart from one or two,
but then again we ran around like crazy, throwing and jumping and generally playing about outside.
Now, you can't prise the little shits off their I pads, no wonder they're increasing massively in size.
Egg and chips, cooked in lard was a staple then, all kids had it regularly.

Add a couple of sausages and that would amount to the only meal I've ever had in an Indian restaurant. We know good food when it's put in front of us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.